Is applying in November considered normal or late? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hermanberk

New

Is applying in November considered normal or late?

Post by hermanberk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:05 am

I read somewhere that it's advisable to have your apps in by Thanksgiving and have been going with that as my guideline. But now I am thinking I should have gotten things done earlier. Two questions:

1. Is it worth rushing to finish my essays by Nov. 1 versus planning to submit everything mid-November (i.e., would applying two weeks earlier boost my chances significantly?)

2. Should I be worried about the fact that I won't have any apps done in October? Is anyone else in a similar boat? Am I crazy to be worried about this or is it crazy that I didn't worry about this sooner??

I am the worst at planning/doing things on time so would so greatly appreciate people's advice.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Re: Is applying in November considered normal or late?

Post by #gobroncos » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 am

November and December are when the bulk of applications get sent in, so you wouldn’t be late by any means. Pretty much every counselor/admissions rep will tell you that it’s better to send in your best application than a lower quality but earlier application. I’d say take the time you need to get the essays, etc. just right. There’s not that big of a difference (any difference?) between Nov 1 and Nov 15.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Is applying in November considered normal or late?

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am

Relax. You're fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”