Which plan of action would you recommend? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pussypoppins

New

Which plan of action would you recommend?

Post by pussypoppins » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 am

3.6/163 (third try... 156, 163, 163)

Interested in public interest/government work, no BigLaw dreams. Also a nontraditional and debt-averse, so I'm trying to maximize my scholarship potential. The schools I'm most interested in rank from about #30-#60.

For many of these schools, I'm above or around their 75ths. For some of the higher-ranking ones, I'm more around median. I know I can do better on the LSAT.

Do I...

1. Retake in December, risking losing any early admission bumps.

2. Plan on doing a retake in February to either get off of any potential WLs or negotiate higher scholarship amounts. I will also graduate in December, so I will have a bit more free time to study.

Any advice is appreciated.

DKM

New

Re: Which plan of action would you recommend?

Post by DKM » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:22 pm

apply as soon as you can, and when you retake your LSAT notify those schools of your updated score (LSAC may even take care of that automatically, I'm not sure). That's what I plan on doing.

pussypoppins

New

Re: Which plan of action would you recommend?

Post by pussypoppins » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am

DKM wrote:apply as soon as you can, and when you retake your LSAT notify those schools of your updated score (LSAC may even take care of that automatically, I'm not sure). That's what I plan on doing.
Aren’t schools notified that you’re registered for an LSAT? I thought that schools hold applications with a pending LSAT score? Or is that just for those who don’t have a score on file already? I want to submit early, but if my application is just going to be held until January, wouldn’t that cancel any benefit for submitting early?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”