Admission Chances Fall 2018 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gabylsatprep18

New

Admission Chances Fall 2018

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello, I'm trying to get into a good/decent university to start on Fall 2018, but my situation is a bit atypical: I am a U.S. citizen (actually, I am a double Spanish/U.S. citizen). However, I have grown up in Spain where I went to college, getting my law degree last year. I am also a registered attorney since last August. I decided to move to the U.S. about half a year ago for personal reasons. Now I am working as a paralegal while trying to enter to a law school next Fall.

I just got my LSAT score (167), which is not bad, but knowing that my GPA is non-reportable (has been graded as above average by LSAC), I am hesitant about how to proceed. I was awarded by my law school with an honorable mention for my academic records and I am in the top 5% of my graduating class, I think the best for me would be to explain that on an addendum (I don't think that an "above average" makes justice to my GPA taking into account I'm in the top 5%).

At this point, I am thinking about trying to retake the test and score about 170, since my GPA is supposedly not going to be taken into account (and if it is, it is not going to add a lot of value to my application). I would really like to get into a t10-20 school (Georgetown would be great). However, since the score only got published yesterday, I have about one week (two if I pay the late fee) to decide if I want to retake. I would like to get opinions about whether I should retake the LSAT or not.

P.D.: I don't need to be hired by a top law firm, so that is not a concern for me. I just want to ensure I get accepted in a good university, as I think it might be worth it in the long run, specially due to my past experience and my goals.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”