Re-applying for law school- need advice/help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
firstwatch54

New

Re-applying for law school- need advice/help

Post by firstwatch54 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 pm

So, I took my lsat last December and didn't do too well. I just didn't get to study or prepare well for the test- even though I wasn't ready, I just ended up taking it in last December.
Now, I know that was a poor decision on my part- I wish I could have waited until I was hitting my target scores on my preptest before I had taken that test.
In January of this year, I applied to a few law schools with the bad lsat score I received from last December's test and didn't get into any of my top choice schools.
I've been studying for the LSAT for the past 6 months this year, and now, I'm doing substantially better on my pretests. Currently, I am registered to take the December LSAT for THIS year again. I will continue to take preptests and continue to study until the December test this year.

So... If I reapply to the schools that rejected me again with THIS year's December LSAT score (assuming I will do substantially better than last December's lsat), can I re-use my personal statement and recommendation letters that I used for those same schools earlier this year?
Or do I have to write a completely new personal statement and get completely different/new recommendation letters?

Thoughts/suggestions? Please help! Thanks so much.

sillymints7962

New

Re: Re-applying for law school- need advice/help

Post by sillymints7962 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm

From what I've seen on the boards, some schools ask you to write a new PS. Maybe just don't send in your old one word for word? As for LOR's I think you'll be fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”