Has Harvard changed its policy on multiple LSAT scores? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tsf

New

Has Harvard changed its policy on multiple LSAT scores?

Post by tsf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

So I was going through Harvard's FAQ page and noticed that it now says that "if you take multiple tests, the admissions committee will consider all LSAT and/or GRE scores presented as part of your application". That page used to say that all scores would be received, but the highest score would be the one considered in their evaluation.
Do you guys think this change means that they will take into account all scores, maybe averaging as some schools do?

cavalier1138

Re: Has Harvard changed its policy on multiple LSAT scores?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Even the schools that claim to average your scores clearly look at the highest score, because that's the only one that gets reported for rankings purposes.

tsf

New

Post by tsf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Even the schools that claim to average your scores clearly look at the highest score, because that's the only one that gets reported for rankings purposes.
Makes sense...hope that's the case

HydroFlask666

New

Post by HydroFlask666 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:20 pm

No matter what they say, no school averages with the possible exception of Yale, but I doubt even this is the case there. Taking the highest score wasn't always the approach of schools but is absolutely currently the case now.

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:39 pm

tsf wrote:So I was going through Harvard's FAQ page and noticed that it now says that "if you take multiple tests, the admissions committee will consider all LSAT and/or GRE scores presented as part of your application". That page used to say that all scores would be received, but the highest score would be the one considered in their evaluation.
Do you guys think this change means that they will take into account all scores, maybe averaging as some schools do?
I was told by admissions last year that they look at all of them but they only care about the highest unless there's some crazy leap that would warrant an explanation (like a 140 to a 175 you should probs write an addendum). I don't know if anything will change now that there's not a cap on the number of retakes though, maybe at the fourth or fifth one they might lift an eyebrow

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”