Admissions Consulting Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jci007

New

Admissions Consulting

Post by jci007 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into their experiences with admissions consulting. I am planning on taking the September LSAT (December if need be). I am targeting schools in the T-14. I am still studying for my September test but am obviously looking to get started on my Personal Statement/resume editing as well.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with 7Sage's admissions consulting? I used 7Sage for my prep and loved it but I would imagine that the admissions consulting is a whole different aspect. I have also heard good things about Spivey Consulting.

If you have any experience with either of these companies, or if you have and suggestions that apply, please respond!

Thanks in advance.

twiix

Silver

Re: Admissions Consulting

Post by twiix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am

jci007 wrote:Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into their experiences with admissions consulting. I am planning on taking the September LSAT (December if need be). I am targeting schools in the T-14. I am still studying for my September test but am obviously looking to get started on my Personal Statement/resume editing as well.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with 7Sage's admissions consulting? I used 7Sage for my prep and loved it but I would imagine that the admissions consulting is a whole different aspect. I have also heard good things about Spivey Consulting.

If you have any experience with either of these companies, or if you have and suggestions that apply, please respond!

Thanks in advance.
The largest difference between 7sage and Spivey is the type of people that are working with you. 7sage has extremely talented and acclaimed professional writers, whereas Spivey is basically former members of law school admission committees. They both have unique Pros and Cons.

If you want help writing your essays, I would highly recommend 7sage. Spivey's team knows what a good essay needs to look like (since they were usually the ones reading the essays), but they lack the writing background to help you write well crafted essays.

A positive for Spivey is that they have the connections and the opinions that matter - they frequently talk to the deans, adcoms, members who are actively making decisions for the top law schools. They know what sort of things are good and bad in an application. 7Sage doesn't really have this type of thing going for them.

With all of that being said, if money was no issue, I'd use 7sage for essay editing/creation, and then spivey for the admissions/applications/negotiations. But, since most of us don't have large amounts of expendable money, you'll have to pick which one is more ideal for your situation. You could likely get a lot of the admissions/application/negotiating info from these forums if you spend a lot of time searching.

Spivey also costs almost 2x more than 7sage, for what it's worth. But it's arguable that their connections and network is easily worth this cost.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”