CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
poptart123

Silver

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Post by poptart123 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm

vonrus1 wrote:
twiix wrote:
icechicken wrote:
That consistency is impressive, but:
Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179
Must've stung not being able to put 180 there
A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.
You can go ahead and add "President's daughter" to that list, apparently.
Comment of the day
Last edited by poptart123 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iwanttolawschool

Bronze

Post by Iwanttolawschool » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
I'm just going to be honest- if she got into a t13, she probably would have went. I cannot imagine someone would pick GT over Chicago. I have heard fairly reliably she got denied from all of the t10 to which she applied. My guess for the 156 is an URM with a unique background.

Why assume that...? I can think of a few reasons why she might want to be in Washington, DC right now. I can think of a few reasons why she might not want to be in DC either! But that's a different topic.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Keilz wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote: heard fairly reliably she got denied from all of the t10 to which she applied.
What kind of reliable source?
Also curious.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 pm

cron1834 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote: heard fairly reliably she got denied from all of the t10 to which she applied.
Also curious.
I decided to edit out the info.

magnum_law

Bronze

Post by magnum_law » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Guys, I fucking hate Trump, but I highly doubt Tiff gives a shit about the intricacies of law school rankings-- her dad is POTUS and her aunt is a Fed. Judge....

She will not ever want/need for a job -- that is, assuming she actually ever practices law. Gtttown is good enough b/c lay prestige + the excuse of staying in town. Cmon.

(This is not even taking into account the family "billionaire" status and her alum bros)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 pm

magnum_law wrote:Guys, I fucking hate Trump, but I highly doubt Tiff gives a shit about the intricacies of law school rankings-- her dad is POTUS and her aunt is a Fed. Judge....

She will not ever want/need for a job -- that is, assuming she actually ever practices law. Gtttown is good enough b/c lay prestige + the excuse of staying in town. Cmon.

(This is not even taking into account the family "billionaire" status and her alum bros)
I think she'd have gone to like a Harvard or Yale if she had gotten in. Given her connections she would have gotten in with a halfway decent LSAT.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Tiffany could go to Cooley and still be set for life, where she goes really doesn't matter. Maybe she just liked GTOWN?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Dcc617 wrote:
magnum_law wrote:Guys, I fucking hate Trump, but I highly doubt Tiff gives a shit about the intricacies of law school rankings-- her dad is POTUS and her aunt is a Fed. Judge....

I think she'd have gone to like a Harvard or Yale if she had gotten in. Given her connections she would have gotten in with a halfway decent LSAT.
Probably true, but that wasn't really the point. It's more that whether or not she got into UChi or Penn (outside a connection with Wharton) doesn't matter because she's one of those truly differing calculus law students. If she wants a generic biglaw job, she'll probably have one. And if she wants to work in the Trump empire, she can do that too.

There are plenty of reasons for her specifically to pick GULC over other schools, because she isn't doing any of the normal calculus us proles have to do.

magnum_law

Bronze

Post by magnum_law » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Tiffany could go to Cooley and still be set for life, where she goes really doesn't matter. Maybe she just liked GTOWN?
Trumps lawyer is a Cooley grad, so this is def. confirmed.

But seriously-- I don't doubt that H or Y rejected her based on the controversial nature of the fam name (merits aside as we don't *truly* know -- although I suspect them to be lackluster).

But what I do know is that it doesn't fucking matter one *scintilla* (nice pun amirite) to her future prospects. Also 99% sure she'd take gtown over Chicago etc b/c layman pretisge matters to peeps like that . Most curious about Penn if to be honest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Keilz wrote:
lol most people on here are full of bullshit. they don't have any reliable source on TT's admissions cycle.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
lol most people on here are full of bullshit. they don't have any reliable source on TT's admissions cycle.
It's not too far-fetched. We know that she isn't the best LSAT taker and as far as giving preference to the President's daughter goes, the negatives far outweigh the positives here

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 am

carsondalywashere wrote:
Wipfelder wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Where did the 168 for Northwestern that's in the spreadsheet come from?
can we get back to the important questions

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:21 am

twiix wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Wipfelder wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Where did the 168 for Northwestern that's in the spreadsheet come from?
can we get back to the important questions

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

velyvely

New

Post by velyvely » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:14 am

etramak wrote:
Keilz wrote:
It's not too far-fetched. We know that she isn't the best LSAT taker and as far as giving preference to the President's daughter goes, the negatives far outweigh the positives here
How do we know she isn't the best LSAT taker (not doubting that, but how would anyone confirm)?

Pence's daughter just started at YLS this year. I wonder if it bothers Trump or if his ego doesn't extend to his children.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

velyvely wrote:
etramak wrote:
Keilz wrote:
How do we know she isn't the best LSAT taker (not doubting that, but how would anyone confirm)?

Pence's daughter just started at YLS this year. I wonder if it bothers Trump or if his ego doesn't extend to his children.
It's all based off of one practice test she posted where she scored a 150 something. Which doesn't mean anything.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
velyvely wrote:
etramak wrote:
Keilz wrote:

It's all based off of one practice test she posted where she scored a 150 something. Which doesn't mean anything.
IIRC, it was like right before the real thing, though. And you don't post a pic of your worst one

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 pm

A doc every troll can edit is sure to work out well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheBlueDevil

New

Post by TheBlueDevil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 am

Rigo wrote:A doc every troll can edit is sure to work out well.
It seems to have worked out fine so far and it seems like the best of way keeping it as up-to-date as possible. If problems arise, I'll lock it down.

Huskies13!

Bronze

Post by Huskies13! » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Utah:
https://app.box.com/s/clbbmte2etqyy7mzpxofft7arsf0ci99
Size: 91 (-2)
155(-1)/158(0)/160(-1)
3.43(+.10)/3.60(+.10)/3.76(+.06)

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Someone nuked it. I have a copy from two days ago. If you need it send me a PM

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Damn.
Well if you limit privileges I'd be willing to help keep it updated and when the ABA releases all the official data in December, I'll go back and check everything and fill in the blanks like I did last year.
Lmk if you want me to PM my email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 pm

There is a feature in Google drive to look at all previous iterations of a document. It should be easy to recover (and maybe even to see who made the changes).

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makingthemove

New

Post by makingthemove » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Added UT median from the texas law school day info.

ljalba

New

Post by ljalba » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 pm

makingthemove wrote:Added UT median from the texas law school day info.
I’m pretty sure that was last year’s since they mentioned they weren’t releasing this year’s until the end of October.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”