CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cavalier1138
Posts: 4011
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 am

Did Valpo manage to get a bunch of tenured faculty to quit? Or are they just hemorrhaging money at this point?

KPUSN07
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby KPUSN07 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:27 pm

pink_freud257 wrote:I don't believe it's public knowledge yet (though it will be soon), but William & Mary's medians are out via e-mail:

W&M:
4,036 (-207) applications

188 (-48) enrolled

157 (0)/163 (+1)/164 (0)
3.47 (-.02)/3.74 (-.01)/3.85 (-.03)


Interesting they took less students this year....

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby InterLaw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:31 am

KPUSN07 wrote:
pink_freud257 wrote:I don't believe it's public knowledge yet (though it will be soon), but William & Mary's medians are out via e-mail:

W&M:
4,036 (-207) applications

188 (-48) enrolled

157 (0)/163 (+1)/164 (0)
3.47 (-.02)/3.74 (-.01)/3.85 (-.03)


Interesting they took less students this year....


Well they lost like 15 positions in ranking last year, they had to do something... This seems reasonable: you can throw more money in scholarship to those admitted, better faculty/student and $$/student ratio, probably better employment and bar passage rates and they raised LSAT median of 1 point (even though I think that with -48 students they could have done better on medians, but you should consider the impact of losing 15 positions in the middle of application cycle!)

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby MikeSpivey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 am

theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:Stealing Spivey's thunder:

UF:
https://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/appl ... ss-profile
Apps: 2884 (+181)
Class: 301 (-13)
155(-1)/161(+1)/163(+2)
3.37(+.04)/3.69(+.09)/3.81(+.04)


DAMN YOU! I actually knew it too, straight from the top. But wanted to get permission to share publicly and life happened. I should have just shared and begged for forgiveness later.

That is pretty impressive, basically kept class size and bumped median/75th, congrats to you and UF both.


Thank you, and Huskies. We do work with them -- but we have far and away the easy part. We suggest things. They have to operationalize them. I think UF has one of the very best deans on the nation and she will be a wherever she wants eventually. Which may be UF for a very long time who knows! They are moving up.

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:09 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:Stealing Spivey's thunder:

UF:
https://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/appl ... ss-profile
Apps: 2884 (+181)
Class: 301 (-13)
155(-1)/161(+1)/163(+2)
3.37(+.04)/3.69(+.09)/3.81(+.04)


DAMN YOU! I actually knew it too, straight from the top. But wanted to get permission to share publicly and life happened. I should have just shared and begged for forgiveness later.

That is pretty impressive, basically kept class size and bumped median/75th, congrats to you and UF both.


Thank you, and Huskies. We do work with them -- but we have far and away the easy part. We suggest things. They have to operationalize them. I think UF has one of the very best deans on the nation and she will be a wherever she wants eventually. Which may be UF for a very long time who knows! They are moving up.


You seem really locked into this stuff. Which schools do you think are "doing it right?"

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby MikeSpivey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Huskies13! wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
theboringest wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:Stealing Spivey's thunder:

UF:
https://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/appl ... ss-profile
Apps: 2884 (+181)
Class: 301 (-13)
155(-1)/161(+1)/163(+2)
3.37(+.04)/3.69(+.09)/3.81(+.04)


DAMN YOU! I actually knew it too, straight from the top. But wanted to get permission to share publicly and life happened. I should have just shared and begged for forgiveness later.

That is pretty impressive, basically kept class size and bumped median/75th, congrats to you and UF both.


Thank you, and Huskies. We do work with them -- but we have far and away the easy part. We suggest things. They have to operationalize them. I think UF has one of the very best deans on the nation and she will be a wherever she wants eventually. Which may be UF for a very long time who knows! They are moving up.


You seem really locked into this stuff. Which schools do you think are "doing it right?"


I appreciate the question. But I don't have a good answer for you. I've learned to kinda keep my thoughts on that to myself and clients (and ask them to not tell everyone). There are multiple problems with answering; I consult for numerous schools now so I have biases toward them (in fact I think there is a dean out there that would be my surprising pick for the best dean but I have an NDA with the school), I also don't know many schools that well as far as leadership so I may be unfairly excluding them, but also because when I have done this in the past I have received angry emails from schools I didn't mention and those are politically draining, for lack of a better word. Plus there are so many different perspectives to see it from.

Basically, you probably most want leadership at the school, and university that backs it, to be thinking long term "how do we brick by brick build a better place for years to come" versus "what can we do for a year to beat that school 1 point better than us in the rankings." Because you want to be thinking about your brand for the rest of your career.

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Spivey--understood..Now back to biz:

W&L:
https://law.wlu.edu/admissions/program- ... 20-profile
Apps: 2367 (+459!)
Enroll: 165 (+48!)
161 (+1)
3.56 (+.09)

Bach-City
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Bach-City » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 pm

.
Last edited by Bach-City on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilikephilosophy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby ilikephilosophy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Duke's enrollment dropped by 7? I hope they just barely held onto that 169 median. ;D

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Fine--I'll keep being the ONLY one doing this!

Ohio Northern:
48 (-10)
146(+3)/151(+3)/153(+1)
3.04(+.06)/3.39(+.09)/3.71(+.10)
http://law.onu.edu/main/jd_class_profile

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Nova Southeastern:

https://www.law.nova.edu/prospective/en ... ofile.html
Apps: 1112 (-244)
Class: 244 (0)
145(-1)/149(0)/151(-1)
2.83(-.06)/3.14(+0.04)/3.43 (+.07)

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby rowdy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Huskies13! wrote:Fine--I'll keep being the ONLY one doing this!

Ohio Northern:
48 (-10)
146(+3)/151(+3)/153(+1)
3.04(+.06)/3.39(+.09)/3.71(+.10)
http://law.onu.edu/main/jd_class_profile


Lol do you just have a google alert up?

whodareswins
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby whodareswins » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Are you checking individual school's admissions pages or is there a comprehensive source for these?

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:39 pm

I learned this a few years ago when I first cared about this site (you can probably tell the year!) but alerts don't work. You can do some individual page tagging and see when they update but, overall, it is a hobby and i click on pages. Whitespider, i think, tagged individual pages. I got hooked when it mattered and now I am just curious every year..,hoping spivey is hiring!

whodareswins
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby whodareswins » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:54 pm

Huskies13! wrote:I learned this a few years ago when I first cared about this site (you can probably tell the year!) but alerts don't work. You can do some individual page tagging and see when they update but, overall, it is a hobby and i click on pages. Whitespider, i think, tagged individual pages. I got hooked when it mattered and now I am just curious every year..,hoping spivey is hiring!


Understandable! I'm curious what my school's numbers are this year. I'm a freshly minted 1L.

uion1715
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby uion1715 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:30 am

Creighton's median LSAT at 152 (-) w/ a class size of 106 (-2) (https://law.creighton.edu/news/welcoming-class-2020)

UMKC's median LSAT at 152 (-) w/ 3.42 GPA (+0.03) w/ a class size of 122 (-) (http://law.umkc.edu/news/umkc-school-of ... s-of-2020/)

User007
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby User007 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 am

Seton Hall looks like it's up:

http://law.shu.edu/ProspectiveStudents/ ... rofile.cfm

1650 Applicants (+41)
151 Matriculants (+2); 113 day (+1) 38 evening (+1)
LSAT: 153 / 156 / 159
GPA: 3.08 (+0.01) / 3.40 / 3.69

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

whodareswins wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:I learned this a few years ago when I first cared about this site (you can probably tell the year!) but alerts don't work. You can do some individual page tagging and see when they update but, overall, it is a hobby and i click on pages. Whitespider, i think, tagged individual pages. I got hooked when it mattered and now I am just curious every year..,hoping spivey is hiring!


Understandable! I'm curious what my school's numbers are this year. I'm a freshly minted 1L.


Ha, just hired someone today :) But for other stuff :)

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:28 pm


Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:34 pm


User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Anyone at UVA orientation have the updated numbers?

User avatar
carsondalywashere
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby carsondalywashere » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Huskies13! wrote:Fine--I'll keep being the ONLY one doing this!

Ohio Northern:
48 (-10)
146(+3)/151(+3)/153(+1)
3.04(+.06)/3.39(+.09)/3.71(+.10)
http://law.onu.edu/main/jd_class_profile

It's appreciated

User avatar
calmike
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby calmike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Huskies13! wrote:Fine--I'll keep being the ONLY one doing this!

Ohio Northern:
48 (-10)
146(+3)/151(+3)/153(+1)
3.04(+.06)/3.39(+.09)/3.71(+.10)
http://law.onu.edu/main/jd_class_profile



What's the best way to help you?

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Cardozo

Total Applications: 2,876 (+210)

Matriculants: 368 (+61)

75th Percentile: 161(0)/3.68 (+.02)
Median: 159(0)/3.51 (+.07)
25th Percentile: 156(+1)/3.25(+.10)

Huskies13!
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:44 pm

calmike wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:Fine--I'll keep being the ONLY one doing this!

Ohio Northern:
48 (-10)
146(+3)/151(+3)/153(+1)
3.04(+.06)/3.39(+.09)/3.71(+.10)
http://law.onu.edu/main/jd_class_profile



What's the best way to help you?


was just joking--i look during breaks...passes time.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests