Apply before LSAT Retake Date? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Apply before LSAT Retake Date?

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 am

Hello,

I am retaking the LSAT September 16. The school I want to attend opens application submissions September 1. My question:

Should I submit my application on September 1, with my old LSAT score, and send along my new LSAT score once available?
OR
Should I submit my application upon receiving my new LSAT score, likely in October 2016?

I believe the former is the better option but wanted to confirm.

Thank you.

chewinggum

Bronze

Re: Apply before LSAT Retake Date?

Post by chewinggum » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 am

From what I understand (and others feel free to correct me), schools place applications on hold if they see that you're retaking.

I think it would be helpful to have all your materials on file though, so when you get your awesome retake score you can just hit submit!

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 am

Your app will be put on hold if you submit before your retake score comes out, so Id suggest just having everything ready and submitting in late October. A late October submission will not hinder you in any way so its worth it just to make sure everything is perfect before you click that submit button.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 pm

MercW07 wrote:Your app will be put on hold if you submit before your retake score comes out, so Id suggest just having everything ready and submitting in late October. A late October submission will not hinder you in any way so its worth it just to make sure everything is perfect before you click that submit button.
Definitely agree with this. Submit your app when everything is complete. If you were retaking in December though, then I'd probably submit app before and then update them once your Dec score comes in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”