UC Berkeley - New ED program? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tapenade

New

UC Berkeley - New ED program?

Post by tapenade » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am

I'm not sure if this is starting with the next cycle, but apparently Boalt is now guaranteeing a $60k scholarship with ED acceptance. As a 3.7 URM (aa/hispanic) who is PTing in the low 160s, would this be a good option? I'd really like to practice in California and the only other T14 there is probably out of reach for me.

I'm still aiming for a 180 in September no matter what, just wondering if ED to Boalt would be a good decision considering my goals and likely low to mid 160s score.

Edit: linkfor anyone who wants to see the official info
Last edited by tapenade on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: UC Berkeley - New ED program?

Post by UVA2B » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 am

Getting $20k/year from Berkeley under an ED is not a horrible outcome by any stretch, particularly if you want to be in CA, but if you lift up your LSAT to the mid-160s, you could have better offers on the table. Berkeley at equal cost compared to pretty much any other T13 for CA is a pretty easy call, but if any T13 is significantly cheaper, or really cheaper at all, it should at least be considered if you have CA ties.

So in a vacuum it's ok, but where you're sitting right now, it's probably better to get the high LSAT you're shooting for and just apply broadly to see what you can get.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”