LSAC Law School Forums- what to expect? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RSolano

Bronze

LSAC Law School Forums- what to expect?

Post by RSolano » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 am

Hi! Has anyone been to one of LSACs forums? Any info on how helpful they are, who the schools send, benefits of going, tips for attendees?

Thanks!

BansheeScream

New

Re: LSAC Law School Forums- what to expect?

Post by BansheeScream » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:08 am

I don't mean to discourage you, but I attended the D.C. LSAC Forum last year and it was imo a colossal waste of time if you know the bare minimum about law school and can effectively navigate a law school's website. The schools all send an admissions representative, some send the director others just send a random ad com. It would be almost impossible to make an impression on them because of the sheer number of people they talk to. You write your name and email down and some schools state they'll give you a fee waiver if you do so but in my experience the schools that do that, would give you one if you emailed them and the others just do fee waivers based on LSAC.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:57 am

I will be attending a forum for 2 reasons
1) Free waivers
2) It gives me something to talk about in my Why X essays

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'm taking the sept LSAT and scores come out the day before the Atlanta forum (the one I'd be going to) so it might be too late for me to use fee waivers... Will think about it and give a review if I end up going

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:44 pm

RSolano wrote:Thanks for the advice! I'm taking the sept LSAT and scores come out the day before the Atlanta forum (the one I'd be going to) so it might be too late for me to use fee waivers... Will think about it and give a review if I end up going
Why would it be too late? Get your score back, go to the forum the next day, get free waivers, apply in late October and save $$

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm

RSolano wrote:Hi! Has anyone been to one of LSACs forums? Any info on how helpful they are, who the schools send, benefits of going, tips for attendees?

Thanks!
I've been to about 60 :) Hopefully this helps some. They key isn't so much what happens at the form, but rather you getting to tell the school you went out of your way (don't say it like that) to meet them. That's a YP data point to some.

http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/forums ... e-or-draw/

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
RSolano wrote:Hi! Has anyone been to one of LSACs forums? Any info on how helpful they are, who the schools send, benefits of going, tips for attendees?

Thanks!
I've been to about 60 :) Hopefully this helps some. They key isn't so much what happens at the form, but rather you getting to tell the school you went out of your way (don't say it like that) to meet them. That's a YP data point to some.

http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/forums ... e-or-draw/

Thanks for the advice! That makes the trip worth it for sure, will do!

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:56 am

MercW07 wrote:
RSolano wrote:Thanks for the advice! I'm taking the sept LSAT and scores come out the day before the Atlanta forum (the one I'd be going to) so it might be too late for me to use fee waivers... Will think about it and give a review if I end up going
Why would it be too late? Get your score back, go to the forum the next day, get free waivers, apply in late October and save $$

Yeah you're right, that would work. I guess my mindset was not to risk getting my apps in any later than necessary but the waivers would be a big help financially. I'll plan on having my apps done by then and submit as soon as I can after the forum.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”