2.9/179 URM Chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jmart082

Bronze

Re: 2.9/179 URM Chances?

Post by Jmart082 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Delano wrote:
2018hopeful wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
pike25 wrote:
malysh wrote:
Platopus wrote:You are going to have a widely unpredictable cycle. Apply broadly to the T-14 minus HYS and see where the chips land.
This but definitely apply to HYS. Y/S are super unlikely because of the gpa but still you probably have a better chance than many applicants and I'd argue chances are Harvard are reasonable. Lots of people out there will high gpas but very few with an LSAT like that! You are probably one in a small handful of AA females with above a 178 and it'd be crazy to not at least try for HYS.
Congratulations!
I second this. Apply everywhere, including HYS
I'd recommend WUSTL for a full scholarship and possible leverage in scholly negotiations. You'll almost certainly get one with your score, even with the GPA.
But some schools (like CCN) only negotiate with their peers, right? So, theoretically/optimistically speaking, if I were to get a full at WUSTL would CN even care if they accepted me at sticker?

I mean of course no one can answer definitively, but still...
CCN might not care, but it could be used to negotiate with schools closer in rank to WUSTL (which could, hypothetically, then be used to negotiate with schools with a slightly higher ranking, etc etc).
Nailed it

2018hopeful

New

Post by 2018hopeful » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 pm

So are super splitters looked at less favorably than reverse splitters? I've seen some odd numbers accepted, rejected, offered crazy money, etc on LSN.

I know that when it comes to a terrible gpa you can "make up for it" in the rest of your app, but it seems like the higher your gpa the more leeway schools give for the lsat - but not the reverse. Which is odd since the lsat seems like the more level playing field ..

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”