C & F Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cmoney $$

New

C & F Question

Post by Cmoney $$ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Hello all,

I'm 30 and will be 31 by the time I submit most of my applications. I had two low level misdemeanors when I was 18 years old (marijuana paraphernalia possession, minor consumption of alcohol). I joined the Army shortly after, and had them dismissed about 5 years ago when I applied for a top secret clearance (made the whole thing easier). I fully understand that I need to disclose these, and I haven't had so much as a parking ticket since. However, does anyone think this warrants an addendum? I hardly remember the details of the case, and no record of it exists because it was dismissed and sealed. I even paid for a fingerprint card and sent it in to the state criminal record repository and it came back with zero results. I would be hard pressed to write any meaningful content on the events because it was so long ago. w

UVA2B

Gold

Re: C & F Question

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes, write an addendum. The amount of information you've provided here should be sufficient, and just say through your time in the Army, you learned discipline and respect for the law and haven't had any incidents since.

Cmoney $$

New

Post by Cmoney $$ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:19 pm

UVA2B wrote:Yes, write an addendum. The amount of information you've provided here should be sufficient, and just say through your time in the Army, you learned discipline and respect for the law and haven't had any incidents since.

Perfect. Thank you!

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Did you disclose these to your law school when you applied to law school? You don't want any discrepancies.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:Did you disclose these to your law school when you applied to law school? You don't want any discrepancies.
OP is currently applying to law schools.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

UVA2B wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:Did you disclose these to your law school when you applied to law school? You don't want any discrepancies.
OP is currently applying to law schools.
Ah thanks. With the title of the thread and him/her saying "applications" I assumed he/she meant bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”