Legal Communications as a Pre-Law Major Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jaa

New

Legal Communications as a Pre-Law Major

Post by jaa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Would majoring in Legal Communications be looked down upon in the eyes of law schools? Or would the major be looked at in the same way as political science, English, philosophy, etc.? I know that Communications majors as a whole aren't seen as being in the same tier, but I imagine that legal communications would be a different story.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Legal Communications as a Pre-Law Major

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:14 pm

jaa wrote:Would majoring in Legal Communications be looked down upon in the eyes of law schools? Or would the major be looked at in the same way as political science, English, philosophy, etc.? I know that Communications majors as a whole aren't seen as being in the same tier, but I imagine that legal communications would be a different story.
Your major doesn't matter for admissions purposes. Just get a good GPA.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:09 am

Major doesn't matter. But I'm morbidly curious: what is a "Legal Communications" major? I've never come across that degree.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 am

Is this a real major or is it your schools pre-law major by a different name? Are you actually interested in this subject? Major doesn't matter, really, you just want a good gpa, but you shouldn't do a pre-law major and you shouldn't pick a major b.c you think it's good for law school. Pick something you'll do well in and enjoy, more or less.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 am

jaa wrote:Would majoring in Legal Communications be looked down upon in the eyes of law schools? Or would the major be looked at in the same way as political science, English, philosophy, etc.? I know that Communications majors as a whole aren't seen as being in the same tier, but I imagine that legal communications would be a different story.

Is this sort of like technical writing?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

Just major in something you like and can crush (these often go hand in hand). GPA is king. I mean, something like engineering can help you down the road after law school, but it will likely kill admissions chances because of the lower GPA that is asscociated with it. Just take classes that are easy for you and crush them. I took my fair share of classes like underwater basket-weaving and "walking around and thinking about stuff 101" and schools ultimately only cared about the GPA they led to

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”