How will these Withdrawals be treated? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nylawapplicant2017

New

How will these Withdrawals be treated?

Post by nylawapplicant2017 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Have a respectable 3.3 absolute grade point average, tabulating every transcript grade. I have a 177 LSAT score as well. A few course withdrawals on my transcript. LSAC explains W's are omitted unless issuing school deems them as punitive. On my transcript key on the back of the transcript categorizes W's as "Grades not affecting the gpa".

My school lists an "I" or an "E" notation by repeated courses. On transcript key, "I" refers to (included in gpa, marks affecting the gpa) and "E" as (excused from gpa). Have 6 withdrawals. 3 of them erroneously have an "I" notation next to them. They didn't affect the transcript gpa, and once again, the key on backside of my transcript says Ws are non punitive.

I contacted registrar about the error and they the reg. assistant acknowledged it was an error but because there was no discrepancy with my school gpa they refused to correct it.

While, my transcript says Ws are omitted at my school (and none of mine affected the gpa). 3 Ws erroneously have an "I" (included in gpa) notation next to them.

So . . . given that on the back of my transcript it clearly states W's don't affect the gpa at my school, but 3 by error have an I next to them. What would you say is the worst that would happen?

1). LSAC will follow the lead of what it says on my transcript and ignore them?
2). The 3 with the "I" notation may count BUT not all?
or
3). They will all count punitively? Please let me know what your guess is for the worst, if this doesn't get fixed?
Last edited by nylawapplicant2017 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

stego

Platinum

Re: How will these Withdrawals be treated?

Post by stego » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:09 am

I don't know, why don't you call/email LSAC and ask them?

BulletTooth

Bronze

Post by BulletTooth » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 am

stego wrote:I don't know, why don't you call/email LSAC and ask them?
+1

Also, why don't you push back on your school registrar. Try to get the registrar himself on the phone--if you explain the situation and why it matters, they should be able to fix it, especially since they're the ones who screwed up. My sense is that the assistant just didn't want to do the extra work.

pixy22

New

Post by pixy22 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 pm

I had a couple of withdrawals and LSAC did not account them in the gpa. However, I didn't have that notation on them. When my school made a minor mistake (wrong course number) on transcript, at first the person I called didn't want to fix it. However, I went to the higher up and got it fixed. I also agree the reg assistant doesn't want to take on more work. See if you could go to a higher person in the register and explain how the minor mistake will negatively impact law school admissions.

nylawapplicant2017

New

Post by nylawapplicant2017 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:06 pm

What would you guess is the worst scenario to expect if it doesn't get corrected.

That the worst is the 3 will count? Or all 6 (even the 3 without the I notation next to them?) Just wanted some imput as to what you would say would be the worst scenario, so I'll know what to expect?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”