Can you get into Harvard LS only if you have a top GPA and a top LSAT score? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yeah

New

Can you get into Harvard LS only if you have a top GPA and a top LSAT score?

Post by yeah » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 am

Specifically, I heard you need to have tons of extracurricular activities in your resume, aside from a high GPA and a high LSAT score to get into a university like Harvard ?
So I need to know whether you can into it relying on your high GPA and LSAT score only?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Can you get into Harvard LS only if you have a top GPA and a top LSAT score?

Post by UVA2B » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:17 am

Yes, you can get into Harvard with a high GPA and high LSAT score by itself.

No, you should not go to Harvard simply because you have a high GPA and high LSAT.

So much more goes into a decision about law school than "will I get in?"

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Can you get into Harvard LS only if you have a top GPA and a top LSAT score?

Post by UVA2B » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 am

UVA2B wrote:
yeah wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:...................
??????????
You ask almost exclusively dumb and incoherent questions. HTH.

ETA: Oh, and your use of super ellipsis is really weird
Seriously, stop creating threads for funsies. Your questions/threads are pointless and uninteresting.

Sploshy

New

Post by Sploshy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 am

Can you get into Harvard LS if you only have a top GPA and a top LSAT score? yes

Can you get into Harvard LS only if you have a top GPA and a top LSAT score? no

Its not necessary to have a top GPA and top LSAT score to get into Harvard, but the other ways depend on things like connections, amazing softs, and amazing applications. All of these things are much harder to get than just getting a top GPA and LSAT in my opinion.

Also like mentioned above just because you can get in somewhere doesn't mean you should take their offer. You should weigh the financial considerations, your aspirations, and what you think that the school can do for you in order to reach your final decision.

yeah

New

Post by yeah » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am

UVA2B wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
yeah wrote:
??????????

Seriously, stop creating threads for funsies. Your questions/threads are pointless and uninteresting.

Seriously, I don't think my thread was pointless and uninteresting at all. Just because you know the answer to it doesn't make it a thread for funsies.
Thank you for your answer by the way.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 am

yeah wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
yeah wrote:
??????????

Seriously, I don't think my thread was pointless and uninteresting at all. Just because you know the answer to it doesn't make it a thread for funsies.
Thank you for your answer by the way.
That was more a critique of your insistence on creating a new thread every time you have a question pop into your head vice doing a little digging and figuring things out on your own. A simple, cursory look at mylsn would've shown you the numbers where Harvard becomes nearly auto-admit. And you could've then surmised that not every one of those 3.9-4.0/173-176 who got in have amazing credentials beyond being run of the mill applicants (it's pretty amazing to be a 3.9-4.0/173-176 applicant by itself, but they could have very little else impressive going for them beyond those numbers so as to make them generally unimpressive beyond their number profile).

Your posting style is just a bit grating because you could just as easily use the search function or even slivers of intuition to answer pretty much every question in every thread that you've created. You have the freedom to create threads for your pointed, finite questions all day long if you want, but just realize that not every question you have requires a new thread, and a search combined with a little thought can probably answer the question for you.

I'm done with the backseat mod thing though, so carry-on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”