. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HYPSM

Bronze

Post by HYPSM » Sun May 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Last edited by HYPSM on Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stego

Platinum

Re: [POLL] 3.9 GPA from top 5 undergrad. Avg. softs. Take the LSAT or wait until the GRE takes over?

Post by stego » Sun May 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Harvard accepts the GRE now apparently so I guess you could take a flyer on them?

But with an LSAT in the high 160s and that GPA you would have some good options regardless.

HYPSM

Bronze

Post by HYPSM » Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Last edited by HYPSM on Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stego

Platinum

Re: [POLL] 3.9 GPA from top 5 undergrad. Avg. softs. Take the LSAT or wait until the GRE takes over?

Post by stego » Sun May 21, 2017 5:02 pm

HYPSM wrote:
stego wrote:Harvard accepts the GRE now apparently so I guess you could take a flyer on them?

But with an LSAT in the high 160s and that GPA you would have some good options regardless.
Yeah, but apparently if you take both, only the LSAT would be considered. Oh, and I don't actually have a score yet, I'm just PTing right now.
Then take the GRE first I guess? It's easier and iirc you can pretty much take it whenever you want.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sun May 21, 2017 5:13 pm

HYPSM wrote:
stego wrote:Harvard accepts the GRE now apparently so I guess you could take a flyer on them?

Yeah, but apparently if you take both, only the LSAT would be considered. Oh, and I don't actually have a score yet, I'm just PTing right now.
I've not seen that only the LSAT would be considered. It would be reported of course. Where did you see this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Npret wrote:
HYPSM wrote:

I've not seen that only the LSAT would be considered. It would be reported of course. Where did you see this?
According to Harvard's FAQ, they wouldn't only consider the LSAT, but they consider all LSAT/GRE scores that are part of your application. And presumably, they'd have to report the existing LSAT score for ranking purposes. So it's probably a good bet that a high GRE/low LSAT will still result in rejection.

HYPSM

Bronze

Post by HYPSM » Sun May 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Last edited by HYPSM on Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 pm

If you take both the GRE and LSAT the Harvard admissions committee will consider all standardized tests that are included as part of your application. But that's a little unclear as to whether it's *MANDATORY* to include a low LSAT score as part of your application.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sun May 21, 2017 6:49 pm

stego wrote:If you take both the GRE and LSAT the Harvard admissions committee will consider all standardized tests that are included as part of your application. But that's a little unclear as to whether it's *MANDATORY* to include a low LSAT score as part of your application.
LSAC will send them the report with your score. I don't know how it could be avoided?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Npret wrote:
stego wrote:If you take both the GRE and LSAT the Harvard admissions committee will consider all standardized tests that are included as part of your application. But that's a little unclear as to whether it's *MANDATORY* to include a low LSAT score as part of your application.
LSAC will send them the report with your score. I don't know how it could be avoided?
I don't know, but why then does the law school application even ask you to say what score you got, if LSAC's going to send it to them anyway?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:57 pm

stego wrote:
Npret wrote:
I don't know, but why then does the law school application even ask you to say what score you got, if LSAC's going to send it to them anyway?
Honesty-check?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”