Advice on where to apply-- 3.5 GPA/169 LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
username247

New

Advice on where to apply-- 3.5 GPA/169 LSAT

Post by username247 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi guys,
I want advice on where to realistically apply for law school with my 3.5 GPA and 169 LSAT. I graduated with a biological sciences degree with minors in business and psychology. I've had three political internships, worked as a lab researcher, started my own newsletter that addressed global issues where I had 11 writers work for me, started my own campaign to address racial tensions in the United States, and I'm currently working as a class instructor to help minority students get into medical school and acting as the Director of Business Development for a medical/publishing company. Any knowledge whatsoever would be very helpful :)

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Advice on where to apply-- 3.5 GPA/169 LSAT

Post by UVA2B » Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 pm

This is a pessimistic outlook on your opportunities within the T13. Apply to everything below NYU and use that for scholarship negotiation. On a side note, what do you want with a law degree?

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Tue May 16, 2017 10:42 pm

username247 wrote:Hi guys,
I want advice on where to realistically apply for law school with my 3.5 GPA and 169 LSAT. I graduated with a biological sciences degree with minors in business and psychology. I've had three political internships, worked as a lab researcher, started my own newsletter that addressed global issues where I had 11 writers work for me, started my own campaign to address racial tensions in the United States, and I'm currently working as a class instructor to help minority students get into medical school and acting as the Director of Business Development for a medical/publishing company. Any knowledge whatsoever would be very helpful :)
Are you an underrepresented minority?

username247

New

Post by username247 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

Mullens wrote:
username247 wrote:Hi guys,
Are you an underrepresented minority?
No, I'm a white female

yuppitsme

New

Post by yuppitsme » Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 am

FWIW I have the same stats applied to most of the T14 and a few T20, attending Mich with some scholi money. Apply as early as possible write Why X's and expect some rejects and WLs. My LSN is the same username.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”