LORs for people out of college 3 plus years Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScroogeMcDuck

New

LORs for people out of college 3 plus years

Post by ScroogeMcDuck » Wed May 10, 2017 6:44 pm

I have been having some trouble getting responses from former professors regarding LORs. I graduated from college 3 years ago and I always had good relationships with my professors. Yet, it seems the time lapse has erased me from their memories. I am planning to ask for one at my job in consulting, but I don't really want to, as they have no idea that I'm quitting for law school. I fear that will potentially endanger my job lol

-McDuck

mjb447

Silver

Re: LORs for people out of college 3 plus years

Post by mjb447 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:27 pm

ScroogeMcDuck wrote:Yet, it seems the time lapse has erased me from their memories.
Life is like a hurricane.

Impressionist

Bronze

Re: LORs for people out of college 3 plus years

Post by Impressionist » Wed May 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I've been out of school for around the same time and I too gave up on getting one from professors. I got one from my current job, which wasn't a problem since I told them when they hired me the day would come when I'd leave for law school. Another I got from an old coach from one of the extracurricular activities I was a part of (whom I had kept contact with). If you don't have anything like that, you may have to bite the bullet on breaking the news to your job. If you're a good employee who is liked I can't imagine them not supporting you. There has to be one person, pref in management, who likes you enough.

Another option may be taking up some part time volunteer work on the weekends. Be clear that next year ur going to law school and just be a good helper. When the time comes someone will write you one.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”