Do Law Schools Care About an AG Internship? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
i_Pernix

New

Do Law Schools Care About an AG Internship?

Post by i_Pernix » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Recently, I was fortunate to land a position as an intern at the Office of the Attorney General in my state.

Will this have a positive impact on my law school admissions chances, specifically at T-14? If so, how significant will it be? My logic for taking this position is that hopefully it will distinguish me from other K-JDs, since it's a position usually reserved for law students. Thanks.

KMart

Gold

Re: Do Law Schools Care About an AG Internship?

Post by KMart » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 pm

it will help, surely, but it's not as big of a deal as you think. it does help answer the question "why law school" in a believable way.

i_Pernix

New

Post by i_Pernix » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 pm

KMart wrote:it will help, surely, but it's not as big of a deal as you think. it does help answer the question "why law school" in a believable way.
Yes, that's what I was going for honestly. Thank you. I know it's not a huge deal.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:16 pm

i_Pernix wrote:
KMart wrote:it will help, surely, but it's not as big of a deal as you think. it does help answer the question "why law school" in a believable way.
Yes, that's what I was going for honestly. Thank you. I know it's not a huge deal.
congrats, however! i hope you enjoy it. i don't want to belittle your accomplishment by any means.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”