Law school admissions question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pbertel8

New

Law school admissions question

Post by Pbertel8 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Hello I am new to this forum and have a question regarding constructing my application. When I was in high school I was a horrible student. I took multiple college in the schools classes and did poorly in them (c's). After graduating a went to a decent private school (had wonderful act score) for one semester, did pretty well but then dropped out to get myself together. I worked for 2 years, grew up a bit and returned to the same college and did very well. I am now getting my law school application together however am worried about Gpa. Counting only the classes I have taken since graduating high school I have a 3.83 however my culminative with the cits classes is only 3.6. I am shooting for a t14 school, should I write an addendum explaining the high school classes? Or what would be the best way of going about it? Thank you.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Law school admissions question

Post by UVA2B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Accept your GPA for what it is. Don't write an addendum. Get a high LSAT. The end.

Pbertel8

New

Post by Pbertel8 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Suppose that takes some of the stress out of it.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:14 am

UVA2B wrote:Accept your GPA for what it is. Don't write an addendum. Get a high LSAT. The end.
I don't think it would hurt to write an addendum. Depending on the school you're targeting in the T13, it could help you. However, I agree that the LSAT is the major factor here. Kick ass on it, and you will have some amazing offers from top schools.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:18 am

KissMyAxe wrote:
UVA2B wrote:Accept your GPA for what it is. Don't write an addendum. Get a high LSAT. The end.
I don't think it would hurt to write an addendum. Depending on the school you're targeting in the T13, it could help you. However, I agree that the LSAT is the major factor here. Kick ass on it, and you will have some amazing offers from top schools.
I don't think it would hurt, but I'd seriously question whether it would help in this situation. Conservation of effort.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am

UVA2B wrote:
KissMyAxe wrote:
I don't think it would hurt, but I'd seriously question whether it would help in this situation. Conservation of effort.
Don't get me wrong, at 9 of the T13, I couldn't imagine it helping. But if OP gets like a 175+ on the LSAT, I think the extreme upward trend could possibly be a tiebreaker at a hailmary to HYS (and maybe to Berkeley). It couldn't hurt, I think it could possibly help. But OP, with a 170+ LSAT, you WILL get some T13, likely quite a few.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”