How many years of WE to help improve my chances at t13 (2.9 GPA) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
splitsplitspliter

New

How many years of WE to help improve my chances at t13 (2.9 GPA)

Post by splitsplitspliter » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi!

Pretty much what the title asks. I have not taken the LSAT yet so I don't have a score but I have been PTing around the 167 - 170 range and I am confident I can keep improving. I currently have 1 year of WE and I can stay there and advance for the foreseeable future to keep building more WE but this is not an industry I want to be in so I don't plan on staying forever. Do you think the longer I stay building up my work experience the better? (2 years, 3 years, 4????) or should I fully dive into my studies and apply next cycle because the WE won't matter as much?

If the job title matters at all with apps, I am an business analyst at a large company with a strong trajectory to being promoted in the next 6 months.

I have no objections to going to any school in t20, t13 is just a nice hope.

Thanks in advance. :D

Platopus

Gold

Re: How many years of WE to help improve my chances at t13 (2.9 GPA)

Post by Platopus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Your LSAT score is going to be the single biggest determining factor in your admissions cycle. You'll need at least a 170+ to have a reasonable shot at Northwestern, and even NW is going to be a bit of a long shot. I would consider working for a couple more years, especially if you are going to be promoted. Not only will some additional WE help distance you from your GPA, but you might find your career is a bit more tolerable than you thought. A 170+ will open some doors for the T-20, but it's likely going to be expensive. Do the math and find out if it makes any sense financially.

loser

New

Re: How many years of WE to help improve my chances at t13 (2.9 GPA)

Post by loser » Mon May 01, 2017 10:40 am

by the time you've got enough WE to make a big enough difference to get over a 2.9, it's too late to start over

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”