Discussing a bonus in LOCI? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chichi1992

Bronze

Discussing a bonus in LOCI?

Post by chichi1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi all--quick question regarding LOCIs. Please don't quote!

I have about 4 years of WE, so I'm trying to highlight some recent work-related accomplishments in my LOCIs. I have some interesting things to mention, but most of them seem a bit...intangible. However, I received a merit-based bonus in the fall for exemplary performance. Only about 25% of staff in my workplace receive bonuses, and they mostly go to senior staff, so it is somewhat special that I received one.

Is it tacky to mention this in a LOCI? Perhaps I can frame the bonus as an "award" of sorts?

mrtux45

Bronze

Re: Discussing a bonus in LOCI?

Post by mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm

chichi1992 wrote:Hi all--quick question regarding LOCIs. Please don't quote!

I have about 4 years of WE, so I'm trying to highlight some recent work-related accomplishments in my LOCIs. I have some interesting things to mention, but most of them seem a bit...intangible. However, I received a merit-based bonus in the fall for exemplary performance. Only about 25% of staff in my workplace receive bonuses, and they mostly go to senior staff, so it is somewhat special that I received one.

Is it tacky to mention this in a LOCI? Perhaps I can frame the bonus as an "award" of sorts?
Ehh I don't see any benefit to mentioning it as a monetary bonus, maybe just stating that you've continued to be successful at work and your efforts were recognized by upper management? In reality though, I doubt this will be that big of deal

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”