Retaking June LSAT For Scholarship Negotiation? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
carsondalywashere

Silver

Retaking June LSAT For Scholarship Negotiation?

Post by carsondalywashere » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Can I use a new June LSAT score to negotiate a bigger scholarship with a school(s) I've already deposited with? Or do I need to gain some new leverage like getting off wait-lists (which a higher score would presumably do) in order to see some action? In addition, would it be wise to alert said schools that I have/am contemplating registering for the test? Would they be pissed?

grades??

Silver

Re: Retaking June LSAT For Scholarship Negotiation?

Post by grades?? » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Maybe, but doesn't hurt to try! I always suggest if someone has a retake available, use it. You might crush it and open up possibilities you didn't have before.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

grades?? wrote:Maybe, but doesn't hurt to try! I always suggest if someone has a retake available, use it. You might crush it and open up possibilities you didn't have before.
There's no downside, correct? Like the schools I deposited with would not get upset that I was sitting again?

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
grades?? wrote:Maybe, but doesn't hurt to try! I always suggest if someone has a retake available, use it. You might crush it and open up possibilities you didn't have before.
There's no downside, correct? Like the schools I deposited with would not get upset that I was sitting again?
No. You don't even tell them. Just take it. You aren't a student yet, you haven't matriculated. Go take it completely stressed free and you might surprise yourself! Nothing to lose!

lunchmeat

New

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm

can't recommend doing this enough. Absolutely changed my options and I did find the test much less stressful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm

I am inclined to take this course of action, but for the sake of humoring a neurotic 0L, there's absolutely no reason to tell the schools and no reason to fear my current offer being rescinded?

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:I am inclined to take this course of action, but for the sake of humoring a neurotic 0L, there's absolutely no reason to tell the schools and no reason to fear my current offer being rescinded?
Literally just take it. No school will care and it doesn't matter. You don't have to tell anyone

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 am

grades?? wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:I am inclined to take this course of action, but for the sake of humoring a neurotic 0L, there's absolutely no reason to tell the schools and no reason to fear my current offer being rescinded?
Literally just take it. No school will care and it doesn't matter. You don't have to tell anyone
Thumbs up

mtf612

Bronze

Post by mtf612 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 am

Jumping in here. What about waitlists? Will registering affect a school's possibility of offering a spot off the waitlist? For example, will harvard not extend an interview offer because they see I'm registered for June and want to wait and see whether my score changes?

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 pm

mtf612 wrote:Jumping in here. What about waitlists? Will registering affect a school's possibility of offering a spot off the waitlist? For example, will harvard not extend an interview offer because they see I'm registered for June and want to wait and see whether my score changes?
Also interested in this

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”