LOR Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
svanderwoodsen

New

LOR Question

Post by svanderwoodsen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 pm

I am looking to get a LOR from my current employer, who has agreed to write one for me. However, this same employer was my internship supervisor a few years back and at one point, she previously wrote a LOR for me (back when I wanted to head to law school straight out of college). I spoke to her today, and she would like to write a new LOR for me - just because she feels like she can write a better one (now that I'm an actual employee of hers). Can recommenders add and delete LOR's? Or are there any consequences for doing so?

goldenbear2020

Silver

Re: LOR Question

Post by goldenbear2020 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:35 pm

You can probably add her as a new LOR with different title and contact info. Just don't assign the old one.

svanderwoodsen

New

Post by svanderwoodsen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:57 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:You can probably add her as a new LOR with different title and contact info. Just don't assign the old one.
Okay. Would she have to make a whole new LSAC (recommender) account? Or can she just use the old one? Also, can't I just delete the old one from LSAC or is that not possible?

CR7

New

Post by CR7 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm

svanderwoodsen wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:You can probably add her as a new LOR with different title and contact info. Just don't assign the old one.
Okay. Would she have to make a whole new LSAC (recommender) account? Or can she just use the old one? Also, can't I just delete the old one from LSAC or is that not possible?
She can use the same account. Login to your LSAC account and see if you can delete her old one. If not, just send the latest one when you apply to schools. You can pick which letters to send and not send through LSAC when you apply.

svanderwoodsen

New

Post by svanderwoodsen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:54 pm

CR7 wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
She can use the same account. Login to your LSAC account and see if you can delete her old one. If not, just send the latest one when you apply to schools. You can pick which letters to send and not send through LSAC when you apply.
Okay, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”