URM confusion chances Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
basketweaver

New

URM confusion chances

Post by basketweaver » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm

qqqq
Last edited by basketweaver on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Re: URM confusion chances

Post by chicagoburger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 pm

basketweaver wrote:GPA: 3.56
LSAT: 165
College: Decent LAC
Work Experience: 1-2 years
Puerto Rican/White

Hey all. I'm really confused as to what schools I should aim for in the next cycle. There is tons of info about MA but less so about PR urm admissions and especially less with PR/White admissions. Do I stand a chance at GULC/Cornell or should I be aiming lower? Any advice is appreciated (besides retake, I may but am generally curious about my current situation).
On LSAC, run your LSAT/GPA number for all the schools.
The system will give your odds of admission to each school, which is quite good and efficient.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

chicagoburger wrote: On LSAC, run your LSAT/GPA number for all the schools.
The system will give your odds of admission to each school, which is quite good and efficient.
Are you actively trying to give the worst advice possible?

OP: don't use the LSAC calculator, because it's terrible, even without accounting for a potential URM boost. I think that you should get some kind of boost, and I don't think Georgetown or Cornell would be out of the question with these numbers. But the schools you aim for should be based on your career goals. What do you want to do with your degree?

basketweaver

New

Post by basketweaver » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:06 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
chicagoburger wrote: On LSAC, run your LSAT/GPA number for all the schools.
Are you actively trying to give the worst advice possible?

OP: don't use the LSAC calculator, because it's terrible, even without accounting for a potential URM boost. I think that you should get some kind of boost, and I don't think Georgetown or Cornell would be out of the question with these numbers. But the schools you aim for should be based on your career goals. What do you want to do with your degree?
I would like to do some type of big law for at least a few years right out of law school.

TripleM

Bronze

Post by TripleM » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm

You would have a chance at any school, less so at HYS. Don't be confused, be ambitious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

us3rnam3

Bronze

Post by us3rnam3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:03 pm

TripleM wrote:You would have a chance at any school, less so at HYS. Don't be confused, be ambitious.
agreed, you did good. Better than me on the lsat and I got into a lower t14. (Urm)

basketweaver

New

Post by basketweaver » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:05 pm

us3rnam3 wrote:
TripleM wrote:You would have a chance at any school, less so at HYS. Don't be confused, be ambitious.
agreed, you did good. Better than me on the lsat and I got into a lower t14. (Urm)
Wow congrats! Were you a non-AA URM by chance, if you don't mind answering?

us3rnam3

Bronze

Post by us3rnam3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:14 pm

basketweaver wrote:
us3rnam3 wrote:
Thanks!
No i am AA female but i have a 3.7, graduated college a year early and I had some pretty great lawyers right my letters of rec.

basketweaver

New

Post by basketweaver » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:24 pm

us3rnam3 wrote:
basketweaver wrote:
us3rnam3 wrote:
Thanks!
No i am AA female but i have a 3.7, graduated college a year early and I had some pretty great lawyers right my letters of rec.

I see. thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”