About those US News Ranks Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawpotato

Bronze

Re: About those US News Ranks

Post by lawpotato » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 am

I can't believe I wasted 10 min reading this article.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:lol @ "A great example of such a regional powerhouse would be Seton Hall. It has a nationally known name, but far more importantly, it has been a bedrock institution in NJ forever. It’s alumni network is strong, and its graduates are on the bench, in large firms, and practicing all over the New Jersey and New York legal market. It’s a fine school, and it reflects the type of choice one might consider if one wants to practice and stay in the garden state. Indeed, it might be a better choice than picking a school in the top tier, with no alumni connection to the state in which you want to practice."
I'm from NJ and seton hall does have a good reputation in NJ. Chris Christie went there and a lot of the attorneys at my am100 firm in our central jersey office. If you want to stay in NJ and not practice in NYC, there probably isn't a need for most people to go to a higher ranked school.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Keilz wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:lol @ "A great example of such a regional powerhouse would be Seton Hall. It has a nationally known name, but far more importantly, it has been a bedrock institution in NJ forever. It’s alumni network is strong, and its graduates are on the bench, in large firms, and practicing all over the New Jersey and New York legal market. It’s a fine school, and it reflects the type of choice one might consider if one wants to practice and stay in the garden state. Indeed, it might be a better choice than picking a school in the top tier, with no alumni connection to the state in which you want to practice."
I'm from NJ and seton hall does have a good reputation in NJ. Chris Christie went there and a lot of the attorneys at my am100 firm in our central jersey office. If you want to stay in NJ and not practice in NYC, there probably isn't a need for most people to go to a higher ranked school.
"Chris christie went there" is an endorsement now?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Whether you like the guy or not doesn't the diminish the fact that he is a governor, which is a successful career outcome. Also, it's more known and credible in the state now because they have a well known alumnus

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 am

Keilz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Keilz wrote: I'm from NJ and seton hall does have a good reputation in NJ. Chris Christie went there and a lot of the attorneys at my am100 firm in our central jersey office. If you want to stay in NJ and not practice in NYC, there probably isn't a need for most people to go to a higher ranked school.
Whether you like the guy or not doesn't the diminish the fact that he is a governor, which is a successful career outcome.
LOL. As governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie earns $175K/yr. The man graduated from law school nearly 30 years ago and yet makes less than the base salary of a first-year associate in big law.

Perhaps $175K is a good annual salary for a Seton Hall grad with thirty years of experience, but it seems laughable to anyone who graduated from one of the dozens of law schools properly ranked above Seton Hall.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 am

rpupkin wrote:
Keilz wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Keilz wrote: I'm from NJ and seton hall does have a good reputation in NJ. Chris Christie went there and a lot of the attorneys at my am100 firm in our central jersey office. If you want to stay in NJ and not practice in NYC, there probably isn't a need for most people to go to a higher ranked school.
Whether you like the guy or not doesn't the diminish the fact that he is a governor, which is a successful career outcome.
LOL. As governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie earns $175K/yr. The man graduated from law school nearly 30 years ago and yet makes less than the base salary of a first-year associate in big law.

Perhaps $175K is a good annual salary for a Seton Hall grad with thirty years of experience, but it seems laughable to anyone who graduated from one of the dozens of law schools properly ranked above Seton Hall.
175k on paper, probably like 1.75 mil under the table, could be higher because that man sits at a lot of tables...KABOOM

Harvard_Naw

New

Post by Harvard_Naw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 am

rpupkin wrote: LOL. As governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie earns $175K/yr. The man graduated from law school nearly 30 years ago and yet makes less than the base salary of a first-year associate in big law.

Perhaps $175K is a good annual salary for a Seton Hall grad with thirty years of experience, but it seems laughable to those of us who graduated from the dozens of law schools properly ranked above Seton Hall.
Using annual income as the sole measure of success? No ties to Christie, Seton Hall, or New Jersey, but that seems laughable.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:00 am

In case yall didn't know what C.C AKA "the guv" looks like in baseball pants.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 am

Capt_Beatty wrote:Image

Thought it was common practice to at least spoiler-tag disturbing content.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:12 am

mjb447 wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:Image

Thought it was common practice to at least spoiler-tag disturbing content.
The presentation would have been enriched by that, I agree. Sidenote, that pic is what Kenny Powers turned into after he got clean harhar.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:51 am

Glad it took a full four posts to turn the thread into pure shit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”