Harvard to Allow GRE in Place of LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cavalier1138

Re: Harvard to Allow GRE in Place of LSAT

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 am

TheKingLives wrote:Stoked about this, to be completely honest. Haven't taken the LSAT yet and will definitely take the GRE and apply to Harvard early. Will apply elsewhere once I have taken the LSAT.
You know that Harvard will still consider your reported LSAT score, right? You'd have to wait until you had gotten a response from Harvard to take the LSAT and apply anywhere else, which would be a waste of time and money.

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm

TheKingLives wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
TheKingLives wrote:Stoked about this, to be completely honest. Haven't taken the LSAT yet and will definitely take the GRE and apply to Harvard early. Will apply elsewhere once I have taken the LSAT.
You know that Harvard will still consider your reported LSAT score, right? You'd have to wait until you had gotten a response from Harvard to take the LSAT and apply anywhere else, which would be a waste of time and money.
I am indeed aware that Harvard will still consider my reported LSAT score, which is why I would like to wait until I get a response from Harvard before I take the LSAT. It is not a waste of time, as I am not in any hurry to enroll in law school and would prefer to focus my efforts on the exam that will give me the best chances of admission, and it wouldn't be a waste of money because I already have an LSAC and GRE fee waiver. :roll:
But that means you'd literally be devoting a whole cycle to Harvard. HLS doesn't give decisions back very early in the cycle, so by the time you heard back, it would likely be too late to take the February LSAT. I usually think that 0Ls tend to rush the whole admissions process, but congratulations, you've managed to find the other extreme.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”