WHAT IF someone had AWFUL grades last semester of undergrad? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Progress01

New

WHAT IF someone had AWFUL grades last semester of undergrad?

Post by Progress01 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Hypothetically...What would happen if someone was offered admission to a school for the upcoming fall (say, in December) and then that last semester of undergrad...got bad grades? Passing but bad grades? Would the school rescind their offer of admissions upon seeing the final transcript?

What I have ahead of me starting next week is what I call the "semester of perpetual tortures"--Biochemistry, Organic Chem lab, physics and bio electives. It must be done, and there will be tutoring involved, but still, I can say almost certainly there will be Cs. Frankly, there could be Cs all across the board.

I'm now getting really paranoid...If I school offers you admission, and then you send in your final transcript after graduation and they see bad grades your last semester of undergrad, will they rescind the offer of admission? Does that ever happen? Or am I being paranoid? :cry: HELLLLLLLLLLP!
Does your admission offer only matter on 1. Your LSAC GPA when you applied and 2. your obtainment of your bachelors degree prior to starting law school.

arklaw13

Gold

Re: WHAT IF someone had AWFUL grades last semester of undergrad?

Post by arklaw13 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:43 pm

They can rescind, but they probably wont unless your GPA drops below what they would have accepted you with in the first place. Remember, they have to fill their class, so if they rescind your offer at the point when you have your spring grades, they will replace you with someone off the waitlist. Your numbers are probably better overall than the people they waitlisted, save for those waitlisted for YP reasons. So it wouldn't really make sense to rescind an offer for lower numbers and replace with someone who probably has lower numbers than you originally did.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:07 pm

bobloblawlawblog18

New

Post by bobloblawlawblog18 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Hey, was your offer ultimately rescinded? Currently in the same situation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”