50 year-old with 3.68 ugpa and 160 LSAT (anticipated) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
flashdril

New

Re: 50 year-old with 3.68 ugpa and 160 LSAT (anticipated)

Post by flashdril » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:09 am

imo, for someone who is admittedly mainly going to law school for idiosyncratic personal reasons as much as he is for any actual financial payoff, OP is being very clear-eyed and reasonable and there's a weird amount of condescension in this thread

the advice OP is seeking is how to minimize cost having decided to attend, not whether or not to attend. do you think you're providing valuable or novel advice, or raising something he hadn't thought of, by telling him it's risky to go to law school at his age?

for what it's worth, OP, i'd agree with the folks saying to get that LSAT score as high as you possibly can by the beginning of the next admissions cycle. (on that note I'd hypothesize that OP's inability to study full-time for it previously was less "half-assing it" and more "working full-time with three minor sons" but idk)

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:49 am

I think these are reasonable points, but the OP has probably made a decision long ago, since they were writing in 2013.

flashdril

New

Post by flashdril » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

nixy wrote:I think these are reasonable points, but the OP has probably made a decision long ago, since they were writing in 2013.
lmaooooo the previous poster bumped it and I didn't even look at the dates. whoops

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:31 pm

flashdril wrote:
nixy wrote:I think these are reasonable points, but the OP has probably made a decision long ago, since they were writing in 2013.
lmaooooo the previous poster bumped it and I didn't even look at the dates. whoops
Yea, resurrecting a 2013 thread isn't great and normally I'd split off the new posts into a new thread and caution the bumper to not resurrect any more threads in the future. But in this case... how many 50+ year olds are interested in starting law school? It's a fairly unique fact pattern so at least for myself I'm happy to leave the posts in this thread. If another mod feels differently they should feel free to split the thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”