Veterans Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
usn26

Re: Veterans Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:16 pm

AJordan wrote:I echo MT Cicero. I'm still very willing to do a Skype session for free with any Vet who has completed the free diagnostic June 2007 LSAT and has questions about how to proceed from there. I'm no longer going to post here, though. I will be moving along elsewhere with MT Cicero. If you need to contact me, please pm me there as that's apparently no longer an option here.

This goes for me as well.

Deltagirl1913

Postby Deltagirl1913 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 pm

ddevich wrote:
Deltagirl1913 wrote:Checking In, Chaos 6 on the net! Active Duty, African American, Female, Army Lieutenant Colonel, due to retire this summer after 22 years of service. Horrible undergrad grades (too much partying and sorority life), but two Masters degrees with 4.0 GPAs. Four full deployments to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq. Mediocre LSAT but I have GI Bill/Yellow Ribbon and retirement pay so I don't need scholly money. My softs are amazing and my letters of recommendations legendary, I am what bloggers would call a Unicorn. I've been admitted to a handful of tier four schools but my first choice is Syracuse, Go Orange or Go Home!

Welcome! I think with a good application you should have a decent shot at Syracuse; they are incredibly veteran friendly. Case in point: I went to Syracuse University through the Military Motion Media Program in 2015-2016. It was like a year-long vacation while still being on active duty. I was very lucky.

Syracuse has a robust Student Veteran Organization. They may be able to advocate for your admission. They will also provide you with a solid idea of what your student life would be like at Syracuse. Good luck to you!

Got my acceptance to SUCOL today! Couldnt be more excited! Now off to house hunt. :mrgreen:

usn26

Postby usn26 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:29 am

Deltagirl1913 wrote:Got my acceptance to SUCOL today! Couldnt be more excited! Now off to house hunt. :mrgreen:

Congrats! SU is a great place for vets. Enjoy the lake-effect!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”