Fee Waiver Problem Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OneSixtySix

Bronze

Fee Waiver Problem

Post by OneSixtySix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:26 am

I'm attempting to submit an application to a school I received a fee waiver via email from, but its not recognizing it upon processing.

I am prompted to select; "LSAC is authorized to charge my $75 application fee to my credit card" or "I will send my $75 application fee directly to the law school".

I'm assuming the latter would make the most sense, but suppose either option would eventually figure out it had been waiver. Just dont want to delay the process...any advice?

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Re: Fee Waiver Problem

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:28 am

OneSixtySix wrote:I'm attempting to submit an application to a school I received a fee waiver via email from, but its not recognizing it upon processing.

I am prompted to select; "LSAC is authorized to charge my $75 application fee to my credit card" or "I will send my $75 application fee directly to the law school".

I'm assuming the latter would make the most sense, but suppose either option would eventually figure out it had been waiver. Just dont want to delay the process...any advice?
Whatever you do, don't let LSAC charge it to your credit card unless the school is going to reimburse you.

OneSixtySix

Bronze

Post by OneSixtySix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am

The option to pay the law school directly requires me to sign and mail in the application. Is this typical behavior for fee waived apps?

I was hoping to FINALLY get a batch of apps out tonight, *sigh*

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Post by vespertiliovir » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am

Were there any forms you needed to fill out? Some schools (I know personally of Cornell and USC) have a few things they want you to submit before your waiver is actually processed.

OneSixtySix

Bronze

Post by OneSixtySix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:36 am

vespertiliovir wrote:Were there any forms you needed to fill out? Some schools (I know personally of Cornell and USC) have a few things they want you to submit before your waiver is actually processed.
Nay, I asked for this one via email and received an email back saying one was granted.

I googled the issue and came across a FAQ on yale's website which indicates applications for which the fee has been waived require a cert. letter to be sent via snail mail. Looks like the same deal for the school in question (which is ~25 spots short of yale :D)

KBicknell

New

Post by KBicknell » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm

I had that happen at a school. I just emailed them and let them know that the waiver was not showing up in my LSAC account. They fixed it within an hour.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”