The deal with merit fee waivers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Marisa5252

New

Re: The deal with merit fee waivers

Post by Marisa5252 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
gabewatch wrote:wouldnt the application process just be easier if you knew your lsat score because that is the most important factor? also i got fee waivers from a wide range of schools, and its obvious that some of these schools want to raise their number of applicants, while others have accepted me with money.

i just cant imagine going through a grueling exam that will determine my future, and not checking my score
Very true. But I don't want to go through life with any regrets. I just hate how the whole process is based on numbers. Doesn't it dehumanize the process a bit? Therefore, instead of knowing my exact score, I applied to schools based on what I thought I got on the LSAT. I only applied to like 6 schools in the range I felt comfortable with. I don't want an LSAT score telling me where I should apply. And I know if I knew my exact score, I would use LSP to weed out schools that I may have had a shot of getting into. Who really knows? I also think its more interesting to get unexpected acceptances/rejections in the mail without knowing my LSAT.

To each his own I guess. :)
You're going to regret not applying to schools based on your LSAT when you eventually find out you either got a 175 and could have gotten into T10 or that you got a 150 and you got rejected everywhere you applied.

Lonagan

Bronze

Post by Lonagan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 am

I hope this is how most of my competition is doing their apps.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 am

Lonagan wrote:I hope this is how most of my competition is doing their apps.
I'll let you know how I do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”