Transcript request form. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LessThanLiz

New

Transcript request form.

Post by LessThanLiz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 pm

OK, simple things elude me and I'm turning to TLS yet again.

Getting transcripts. I have my transcript request forms all printed out and I'm a little unsure what to do with them. Does sending the form the my UG school count as the request for the transcript and they'll send the two together; or, do I have to request the transcript be sent to the LSAC and then send my transcript request form to them separately, and then LSAC will combine the two?

thalassocrat

Bronze

Re: Transcript request form.

Post by thalassocrat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 pm

You give the form to your school's registrar or whoever is in charge of transcripts, and they send it to LSAC with your transcript.

LessThanLiz

New

Post by LessThanLiz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm

thalassocrat wrote:You give the form to your school's registrar or whoever is in charge of transcripts, and they send it to LSAC with your transcript.
So faxing should be sufficient for schools that are a long distance away, I assume. All righty, thanks.

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm

I forgot to send the Transcript Request Form and my transcript was processed within the week.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 am

So the form isnt 100% necessary?? spectacular if so, i can just get my transcript from my original ug sent via their website.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hope08

New

Post by hope08 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 am

Try to call the school's registrar's office specifically asking for transcript process for law school application. Some universities accept faxed transcript request form, but some may ask you to mail it to them.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 am

tkgrrett wrote:So the form isnt 100% necessary?? spectacular if so, i can just get my transcript from my original ug sent via their website.
Right, I've sent transcripts without cover letters from 3 different schools and they all posted within days of receipt. I suppose you might run into delays in the extremely unlikely event that there's another student at your undergrad with the same first name, last name, major, and year of graduation.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 am

im_blue wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:So the form isnt 100% necessary?? spectacular if so, i can just get my transcript from my original ug sent via their website.
Right, I've sent transcripts without cover letters from 3 different schools and they all posted within days of receipt. I suppose you might run into delays in the extremely unlikely event that there's another student at your undergrad with the same first name, last name, major, and year of graduation.
It happened to me. Thankfully, my UG has always made a point of distinguishing us with our middle initials. AFAIK, he's not applying to law school, either, which could have caused real trouble.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am

BenJ wrote:
im_blue wrote:
It happened to me. Thankfully, my UG has always made a point of distinguishing us with our middle initials. AFAIK, he's not applying to law school, either, which could have caused real trouble.
Trouble only if he has a lower GPA. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”