Promotion at work - how to tell schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CAHopeful

Bronze

Promotion at work - how to tell schools?

Post by CAHopeful » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Hey all,

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. I received a fairly significant promotion today at work (from manager level to director level at the nonprofit org. I work for). Of course I already sent off about five applications (if ONLY I had known about this promotion on Sunday night when I started pressing "submit" - oh well, such is life). I will change my résumé to reflect this for any applications I send out from here on out. But some of my top-choice schools have already been sent off, and I'm disappointed they don't know about this. Is it worth it to send a letter telling them I was promoted with the updated résumé? The nonprofit work I do relates pretty directly to my decision to apply to law school, as I'm interested in public interest law.

Thanks for your insight.

IAFG

Platinum

Re: Promotion at work - how to tell schools?

Post by IAFG » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

i email, write in the body of the email your good news, attach an updated resume and ask that it be included in your application.

NosferatuDracon

New

Post by NosferatuDracon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Congratulations on the promotion! It's a shame you wont be around very long to really get to engjoy it though. Best of luck to you in your cycle and future endvours though

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”