Denver Application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alannak

New

Denver Application?

Post by alannak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey,

I was thinking of sending an application to Denver because I received a fee-waver. I'm not 100% sure about what they are looking for in the 2 required essays. I looked on their website but I couldn't find more information-- like how long the essay should be. Also, when they are looking for something I've excelled at...... is this essay supposed to be, like, just describing the achievement? Or is this just saying it's a general personal statement in disguise? I'm pretty sure the answer is no to that last question.

Just looking for to hear others' opinions about this application.

Thanks!

mhd08

Bronze

Re: Denver Application?

Post by mhd08 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm

They want a normal PS like any other school, I think 2-3 pages but I'm pretty sure it says on the app. The other two are optional, but I did them. The first, obviously only do if you a significant written work. The second, they ask about accomplishments in music, sports, etc. Again, only write it if you have a significant accomplishment. I explained my accomplishment and demonstrated how it makes me a better candidate for law school. Hope that helps. The admissions office can also answer any questions you might have.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Yes I believe the 2 essays outside of the PS were optional. I didn't write either of them. I don't have any significant piece of writing, and my PS was pretty much right up the alley of the second essay so I didn't bother with it.

I was accepted so I don't think it seemed to matter that I didn't do either essay (although I am not saying that doing the essays won't help..I'm sure they do, but in my case I guess I didn't see the need).

alannak

New

Post by alannak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh whoops, I guess I missed the part about the typical personal statement. Thanks!

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 am

Just sent my application in this morning. Here's to hoping!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”