. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Last edited by jocelyne on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyOne

New

Re: February LSAT, Application Hold and Waitlists

Post by ShiftyOne » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:42 am

I had sort of the same questions. I have a pretty good score, so I want to apply now and base most of my schools off of my current score, but for some of my reaches I want them to wait for the February score. So I have a few questions.

1) For the schools that say they don't accept February scores, is there even a point to mentioning I am taking the February exam?

2) How do I go about making sure the schools that I want to use my past lsat score and go ahead and start reviewing my app? Do I mention it in the application but put in an addendum to say don't wait for the score?

3) How do I go about making sure my reach schools don't reject me before they see my February lsat score? Should I do an addemdum that says wait for the score?

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 pm

bump for both of us

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Send them an e-mail, include your name and LSAC account number. Tell them to add this e-mail to the application file, which will include a request to defer a decision until Feb. score. Even if they say they don't accept Feb. scores.

edit: If it says somewhere on their website, etc... if they personally tell you don't push it on them. If they like your app. they might bend the rule. I of course know nothing and am merely applying common sense.

therealellewoods

New

Post by therealellewoods » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 pm

I called LSAC on this... and pretty positive that LSAC will automatically inform all the schools you've applied to that you have registered for the feb. lsat. you can't really pick and choose which schools will find out or not.

in that case, most schools will then put a hold on your application, and won't make a decision until the feb. score comes in (which can put in you at a disadvantage b/c it gets later in the cycle).

if you want a school to still consider your current lsat, you can request that they remove the hold. BUT, if the school makes a decision before your february lsat comes out, that decision is final.

hope this helps. good luck on your cycle!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 am

Last edited by jocelyne on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:22 am

I signed up for a Feb. re-take and put it on my applications. Several schools refused to complete my applications until they received my February LSAT score. I asked the schools to remove the "hold" and two did with the caveat that if they rejected me it was final (kind of scary). One refused to remove it, another specifies that they MUST wait (but that was on the application) and two others I just left it there (since I don't want to risk rejection at either and one is my top choice).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”