Addendum @ Marquette Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
behnkejc

New

Addendum @ Marquette

Post by behnkejc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 pm

I know this topic has been covered in other posts, but I would like some input on my specific question.

I have two LSAT scores, one from Sept '07 and the other from Sept '09. I improved by 7 points, but for no specific reason that I can think of...at least nothing to tell an admissions committee.

Marquette says the following on their website. "In the case of an applicant with more than one LSAT score, the Admissions Committee will receive a test score report for the applicant that discloses all LSAT scores and the average of those scores. The Admissions Committee may give the highest score priority on a case-by-case basis, especially if the applicant can provide compelling, convincing evidence in a brief written addendum explaining why a lower LSAT score should be considered aberrant."

What does that mean? Should I try to make some excuse for a lower score from two years ago? Will a lower score mean anything for a potential scholarship?

Thanks for your help.

copeyk

New

Re: Addendum @ Marquette

Post by copeyk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 am

While I can't answer most of your questions, I am in the same situation (6 point jump) and decided not write an addendum. Because...
1) I am lacking a good reason for the increase, other than not stressing out on test day this time.
2) I have a 'fact sheet' from them, which I got during a visit that contradicts their website. (says they consider the highest score).

carman1880

New

Post by carman1880 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 am

I was also in the same situtation and I did not write the addendum. I was accepted in December and was never asked for an explanation.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 pm

i went from 157 to 166 and did not submit a LSAT addendum to Marquette.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”