Swapping personal statements Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
sabraph

Bronze

Re: Swapping personal statements

Post by sabraph » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey guys,

I have finally finished the umpteenth draft of my PS. I'm looking for someone to swap with within the next few days. I have experience as a Writing Tutor at my university if that makes swapping with me any more appealing. I am a K-JD 164/3.67 applying to a few schools before my December retake. PM me if interested!

runnergirl159

New

Post by runnergirl159 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 pm

""
Last edited by runnergirl159 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

hermanberk

New

Post by hermanberk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm approaching the final draft (I think?) of my PS and would like more eyes on it. Anyone care to swap?

jstanhope14

New

Post by jstanhope14 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:04 pm

willing to swap PS with someone. Just finished a rough first draft.PM me

LawSchoolBound18

New

Post by LawSchoolBound18 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a URM splitter, AA female, 170/3.26 at a Public Ivy with strong current work experience on Capitol Hill. I know how important my personal statement is so I'm looking to swap with anyone who's interested before I submit.

PM if interested!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tpb5493

New

Post by Tpb5493 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi all, I have a rough draft ready to swap with whomever is interested. 3.47, 166, applying this cycle and retaking in December.

WilliamFaulkner

New

Post by WilliamFaulkner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:57 pm

I am applying exclusively to the T14, do any other T14 aspirants want to swap? 3.85-3.95, 169

oldneller123

New

Post by oldneller123 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi guys

I was looking for some advice on the first draft of my personal statement - I just wanted to know if I was heading in a right direction. Would be more than happy to review yours - thanks!

[I'm a splitter - 170s LSAT, <3.5 GPA, applying mainly to T-14]

KLK65

New

Post by KLK65 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey everyone. 3.98/163, retaking. I have a PS that I'd like some eyes on now to know if it's headed in the right direction. I may end up waiting a cycle, but in that case I'd have loads of times for rewrites...

Readers with no arts background of any kind would be particularly helpful for checking clarity/understand-ability.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jasu

New

Post by jasu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Looking for someone to swap personal statements with!
Would love to get another perspective on mine and I can proofread and let you know what I think of yours.

If interested email it to me at jasminesumekh@gmail.com

Thanks!

jpal1234

New

Post by jpal1234 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Anyone interested in swapping personal statements, please DM me! Need some feedback and happy to give it!
164 LSAT 3.76 GPA.

SallysMarbles

New

Post by SallysMarbles » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Looking for a PS Swap. Feeling pretty good about mine but know it could always get better.
If interested email me- travis.bingham.johnson@gmail.com
3.83/170

JoanG

New

Post by JoanG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 am

Hey guys, I’m approaching the final draft of my personal statement(hopefully) but I’m having second thoughts of the topic. Anyone wanna swap please PM me.
164 3.5

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ACasualObserver

New

Post by ACasualObserver » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi all! Have a PS ready for swapping if anyone is interested. 3.67 GPA, 175. Graduated T10 a year ago, been working in M&A as a paralegal since then. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

harveybirdman101

New

Post by harveybirdman101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:50 pm

post removed
Last edited by harveybirdman101 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrorange242

New

Post by mrorange242 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 pm

I know it's a long shot, and I've already had a couple people look at it, but is there any chance somebody could swap PS's with me and have mine back by tomorrow evening, i.e. 12/27 sometime in the late afternoon? 176, 4.x PM me, of course

Update: somebody took me up on it so I should be all set.

esqhopefulhilton

New

Post by esqhopefulhilton » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi guys,

Law School hopeful here. URM AA Male. UNLV Grad. I just finish my semi-final draft of my personal statement & I'm looking to swap with someone. My good may not be someone else's good. Looking for some insight and constructive criticism. LETS SWAP!

PM or e-mail: eric.hilton21@gmail.com

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawschool2018!

New

Post by lawschool2018! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hey guys,

please let me know if ayone wants to swap personal statements with me. I just finished mine and would like some fedback and willing to provide feedback as well. My stats are not that great so I want my PS to be really good. Studied Chemical Engineering and working in the regulatory industry for the past 4 years.

Thanks

clarehuxtable

New

Post by clarehuxtable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm

harveybirdman101 wrote:Looking for someone to review my personal statement. My grades and LSAT weren't great, so I'm really trying to make my statement stand out.

I'm also up for reviewing your statement in exchange. I'm a former journalist, so I have an extensive writing background and a good eye for typos.

PM me or email me at afrank29@gmail.com

I PM'ed you!

clarehuxtable

New

Post by clarehuxtable » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 am

lawschool2018! wrote:Hey guys,

please let me know if ayone wants to swap personal statements with me. I just finished mine and would like some fedback and willing to provide feedback as well. My stats are not that great so I want my PS to be really good. Studied Chemical Engineering and working in the regulatory industry for the past 4 years.

Thanks

PMed you!

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:30 pm

If anyone wants to swap, please PM me your PS and I will do the same.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thiscyclehopeful

New

Post by thiscyclehopeful » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Looking for a fresh pair of eyes on my PS and/or DS, please PM for swap

lawstoodent321

New

Post by lawstoodent321 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:44 pm

If anyone is willing to swap or simply review mine please PM me! :)

Edit: I have decent stats but haven't written in a long time and am really gunning for some T14 schools to offset the fact that i'm a splitter. Thank you in advance!!

cnorthrup14

New

Post by cnorthrup14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:07 pm

I would love feedback on my personal statement. Constructive criticism is always welcome, especially if there are any grammatical errors that stick out. Also, I am worried about it being too personal, so any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

I have sat down countless times in an attempt to write the perfect personal statement to sum up a life-altering event I have experienced without describing it in an especially bleak manner. This event is the divorce of my parents. Prior to its occurrence, I had always believed divorce to be not especially impactful. I was proven wrong.
Near the end of my junior year of high school, my mother informed me that her twenty-year marriage to my father was coming to an end. I saw completely different sides of my parents. Frequent violent attacks and police calls became the new norm. Both of my parents had substance abuse disorders my entire life, but it was heightened to a new extreme. I was afraid to be home. I moved into a motel about twenty miles away with my sister and her boyfriend. Several of my classmates lived in the motel with their families, and we rode the bus together to school.
A couple of months passed, and the school year was coming to an end. I had asked my grandparents to move into their home with them. They more than welcomed me, and the last day of school they helped me pack and move my things into the attic of their cozy one-bedroom home. Their house was nearly 300 miles from my school and in an affluent area, so I had to change school districts. I left behind the chaotic life I had known for one of stability and opportunity.
I quickly started working two part-time jobs that I rode my bike to. The independence was bliss. Shortly afterwards, my mother moved into my grandparents as well. She struggled with many emotional stressors, and she struggled to achieve sobriety. Meanwhile, my father estranged himself as he engaged in a relationship with my cousin [should I include this?]. Our neighbors heard of our circumstances and placed homemade signs labeled ‘white trash’ in our front yard while we were away. Although this blatant discrimination was hurtful, none of us were angry as our morals prevented such feelings of hate. [add more? Is this section relevant/appropriate?]
Despite these obstacles, I always made my coursework a priority. Because of this, I graduated near the top of my class. I enrolled in Wayne State University during this time as a first-generation college student, and I accepted a full-tuition scholarship.
For a couple years of college, I worked full-time while taking a full-time course load to offer financial support to my mother. While there were stressful moments, I enjoyed the life we had created for ourselves. In my junior year, my mother began attending self-help groups. She has since achieved sobriety and financial independence.
My adolescence may be unconventional, but I am tremendously fortunate for my experiences. It has instilled in me a strong sense of empathy for others regardless of their circumstances. My family describes me as exceptionally self-motivated and ambitious. I am also very humbled to have been afforded the opportunity to attend [insert university name] law school, a prospect most people from my background will never have.

beth1303

New

Post by beth1303 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

If anyone wants to swap personal statements, PM me please! I'm applying to T-14 schools so anyone in the same boat would be preferred.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”