Do law schools question the GPA addendum? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
gpaaddendumb

New

Do law schools question the GPA addendum?

Post by gpaaddendumb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am

First, sorry for the incoming vagueness. I'm writing a GPA addendum to explain my shitty GPA, but I'm planning on slightly exaggerating one part of the explanation in order to make the addendum seem more convincing. The only reason I'm exaggerating that one part is that I'm choosing not to mention another part of the story (which would make the addendum very convincing) because that other part would be very embarrassing for me to reveal.

With that said, do admissions officers normally fact check/question the GPA addendum?

nylon_law

New

Re: Do law schools question the GPA addendum?

Post by nylon_law » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:33 am

I think everything is fair game on the application. It is better to be truthful and to provide as much information as possible. The last thing you want is something creeping out of the woodwork. I am not sure what your explanation is, but If it is a medical reason, it is always best to offer medical records upon request. Good luck!

nixy

Gold

Re: Do law schools question the GPA addendum?

Post by nixy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 am

They might. Also keep in mind the bar can/will look at your law school application when you’re applying for admission to the bar. Don’t include anything that’s verifiably incorrect.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”