LSAT score addendum Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

LSAT score addendum

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 am

I retook the lsat after a very disappointment decemeber score and am retaking. Assuming my new score reflects my actual abilities I drafted the following addendum to excuse my poor performance the first time, as it was because of situation out of my control.

To whom it may concern: I am retaking the LSATs in February because I have a bit of an embarrassing issue wherein I suffer from mild urinary incontinence (it's not that bad usually bc i work in an office and can frequently use the toilet) but the LSATs are a long test and taking bathroom breaks will just cut out of your test-taking time, which I cannot do because I am aiming for a top score. I solicited accomodations for the test from the Law School Admissions Council but unfortunately they do not recognize incontinence as a medical or learning disability, and so forth. During the December administration, I was told I cannot bring my pocket catheter because you are only allowed a gallon ziplock bag and obviously I would like to be discreet. Additionally the pocket catheter is a bit noisy and LSATs are administered in a very quiet room. The proctor told me they would confiscate my pocket catheter or else I could put it in the gallon bag. I did not want to have to worry about leakage or disrupting other test takers so I frequently used the bathroom as result of this at great expense to my reading comprehension score. Additionally, the proctor questioned me about why I was using the bathroom and waited outside my stall. In conclusion, please disregard the December score as it is not reflective of my legal reasoning capabilities.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”