PS Help? The PS is the worst. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
futurehoosierJD

New

PS Help? The PS is the worst.

Post by futurehoosierJD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Hey there! I am gearing up to submit my applications shortly after the December LSAT scores are released and I am working on the dreaded PS, which, of course, I saved for last. Gone through many drafts. But damn, it's hard to write about yourself.

I have a very very very rough draft (in the way that it is missing a final paragraph to tie together my topic with why I am pursuing law school), but I was wondering if anyone is willing to read what I have so far to tell me if the topic should be abandoned? Any other suggestions are also appreciated!

Please PM if you're willing. Thanks.

pricon

Bronze

Re: PS Help? The PS is the worst.

Post by pricon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

futurehoosierJD wrote:Hey there! I am gearing up to submit my applications shortly after the December LSAT scores are released and I am working on the dreaded PS, which, of course, I saved for last. Gone through many drafts. But damn, it's hard to write about yourself.

I have a very very very rough draft (in the way that it is missing a final paragraph to tie together my topic with why I am pursuing law school), but I was wondering if anyone is willing to read what I have so far to tell me if the topic should be abandoned? Any other suggestions are also appreciated!

I highly recommend paying Spivey Consulting however much they would charge you for perfecting your PS, especially if you want a polished application, such as if you are wanting to get into a reach school. Ask about monthly payments if you don't have a lot of cash right now.
Last edited by pricon on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

futurehoosierJD

New

Re: PS Help? The PS is the worst.

Post by futurehoosierJD » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 am

pricon wrote:
futurehoosierJD wrote:Hey there! I am gearing up to submit my applications shortly after the December LSAT scores are released and I am working on the dreaded PS, which, of course, I saved for last. Gone through many drafts. But damn, it's hard to write about yourself.

I highly recommend paying Spivey Consulting however much they would charge you for perfecting your PS, especially if you want a polished application, such as if you are wanting to get into a reach school. Ask about monthly payments if you don't have a lot of cash right now.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”