Reapplicant - New Personal Statement? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
hbdash

New

Reapplicant - New Personal Statement?

Post by hbdash » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Last edited by hbdash on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Reapplicant - New Personal Statement?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 pm

The general advice is that you should submit a different PS. It doesn't have to be radically different if your first one is still true for you, but you should submit something new to schools you applied to in the past.

LukeSkylawyer

New

Post by LukeSkylawyer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:20 pm

definitely a different ps

hbdash

New

Post by hbdash » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:The general advice is that you should submit a different PS. It doesn't have to be radically different if your first one is still true for you, but you should submit something new to schools you applied to in the past.
Last edited by hbdash on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 pm

hbdash wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:The general advice is that you should submit a different PS. It doesn't have to be radically different if your first one is still true for you, but you should submit something new to schools you applied to in the past.
Does that mean I can leave some paragraphs completely untouched and just change the general theme/direction? Or should I try to edit the whole thing while keeping the same general theme? Like I'm the same person I was last year, not sure how much different I can make it
It means you should make a good faith effort to improve on your PS. If you think your PS the first time around accurately told a story about you that you want admissions to consider, then just figure out how you can make that narrative better. That might mean reorganizing, rewriting portions, or reimagining how the narrative should go.

Make an effort to make it better, whatever that means for your specific statement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”