Addendum for Reach Schools Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Tyty1204

New

Addendum for Reach Schools

Post by Tyty1204 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 am

First of all I hope that this is the right sub-forum. I wanted to ask for an opinion about attaching an addendum only for my reach schools. From what I've read I think that my circumstances don't really warrant the addendum, but my thought process is that I don't have anything to lose in the case of reach schools.

By way of context I struggled with depression and death of a family member resulting in a low gpa for my first two years of undergrad, but I never sought any help for this. After this I got my act together and had much stronger numbers. I wasn't planning to write an addendum because I feel like the upward trend speaks for itself and I think my application is fine without it for most of the schools I'm targeting.

Does it make any sense to add an addendum just for reach schools, where my chances of admission are low anyway? I feel like I have nothing to lose. I have an LSAC fee waiver so I'm planning on applying to most of the T14 with a 3.66/172 and average softs.

Thanks for your advice, know that it's appreciated.

cavalier1138

Re: Addendum for Reach Schools

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:37 am

You can write an addendum, but it probably won't do anything for schools that place a lot of weight on GPA. That said, you're already competitive at most of the T13 with your numbers.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 am

I wouldn't recommend an addendum, but I understand the desire to do everything in your power to add to your application. Your numbers are competitive for most of the schools you're looking at, and an addendum won't change anything for your reach schools in this case, IMO.

soca_dancer

Bronze

Post by soca_dancer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 am

I think you can write an addendum. One of the nuggets ive learned through the application process is that you never want the admissions committee to ask Why? In this sense, writing the addendum could dispel any additional questions regarding your gpa during the first two years. However given that your numbers are very competitive, it's not necessary that you do so.

Tyty1204

New

Post by Tyty1204 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am

Okay thank you all, I appreciate your insight. I'll try to dig in and do some more research about this.

akane89

New

Post by akane89 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:30 am

Mod edit: deleted and banned

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”