Links to Article/Interview in PS Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
PostNihilist

Bronze

Links to Article/Interview in PS

Post by PostNihilist » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:19 am

I recently had an article published in the New York Times and will soon have a video interview published elsewhere. I was wondering if I should put links to these in my personal statement?

My PS has a strong connection to the article and interview, and each will get about paragraph regardless of whether or not I put the links in. The article was very well received, and I think the interview will be too. I am a splitter (168/3.09) with strong enough softs to open up some T13s. Part of me thinks it will make me more attractive to adcoms if they're able to easily view them, another part of me wonders if it will be too much and make me look bad.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

lucretius_

New

Re: Links to Article/Interview in PS

Post by lucretius_ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:50 am

PostNihilist wrote:I recently had an article published in the New York Times and will soon have a video interview published elsewhere. I was wondering if I should put links to these in my personal statement?

My PS has a strong connection to the article and interview, and each will get about paragraph regardless of whether or not I put the links in. The article was very well received, and I think the interview will be too. I am a splitter (168/3.09) with strong enough softs to open up some T13s. Part of me thinks it will make me more attractive to adcoms if they're able to easily view them, another part of me wonders if it will be too much and make me look bad.

Thoughts?
Thanks.
Don't put links in your PS. It's tacky. If they really want to find it, they will when they google search you/look for your linked in.

cavalier1138

Re: Links to Article/Interview in PS

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, this doesn't belong in a PS. I don't think a link in your resume would be inappropriate (under the relevant entry), but your PS is not a rehash of your notable accomplishments.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”