Elite PS editors only... Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Neal Caffrey

New

Re: Elite PS editors only...

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Neal Caffrey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:I feel like a good troll is more subtle than this. Plz try again another time.
Not a troll, just desperate for advice because I am sadly lacking in inspiration. By the way, I don't meet my own qualifications, so I admit they are arbitrary. Ignore them.
If you're "desperate for advice", then listen to the advice you've been given.

Absolutely! Gotta go to law school though. I can't go back to working as a paralegal. I hated it. Even if I have to drop out after 1L year, I'll still have learned a lot. Most importantly, I'll have learned whether law school is for me or not.

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Fri May 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote:I'll give you some information to work with:

Speech impediment from childhood.

Home Schooled (yes, =unsocialized)

BA in History with 4.0 GPA + post-bacc Paralegal Certification and paralegal experience

Strong sense of justice, strong desire to challenge ANY improper authority. Strong desire to help people and make the world a better place.

This is all real, no BS, no trolling. Sorry if I offended anyone with my snarky comments. Anyone like movies? I do.
Do you have a lsat score yet?

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:

BA in History with 4.0 GPA + post-bacc Paralegal Certification and paralegal experience

Strong sense of justice, strong desire to challenge ANY improper authority. Strong desire to help people and make the world a better place.

This is all real, no BS, no trolling. Sorry if I offended anyone with my snarky comments. Anyone like movies? I do.
Not yet. Taking the LSAT in June. I'm not scoring well on PTs, though.

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Fri May 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:

Get the score first, you have a nice gpa if it translates well to the LSDAS scale - the PS won't matter if you don't have the numbers first.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote: Absolutely! Gotta go to law school though. I can't go back to working as a paralegal. I hated it. Even if I have to drop out after 1L year, I'll still have learned a lot. Most importantly, I'll have learned whether law school is for me or not.
Neal Caffrey wrote: Not yet. Taking the LSAT in June. I'm not scoring well on PTs, though.
It's like you're reading from a book of TLS cliches. Be better at this, it's funnier that way.

edit: since I know you're going to say you're not a troll I will say this, if you're not - TCR is to seriously not go to LS. Or just don't go for a long time.
Last edited by ashrice13 on Fri May 05, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
Neal Caffrey wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:

Get the score first, you have a nice gpa if it translates well to the LSDAS scale - the PS won't matter if you don't have the numbers first.
I'm not going to be spending much time on the PS. I know it doesn't matter nearly as much as the LSAT. But it is required for me to complete my application, as I'm sure you know. So I just need to throw one together and get back to PTing for the LSAT.

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Neal Caffrey wrote: Absolutely! Gotta go to law school though. I can't go back to working as a paralegal. I hated it. Even if I have to drop out after 1L year, I'll still have learned a lot. Most importantly, I'll have learned whether law school is for me or not.
Neal Caffrey wrote: Not yet. Taking the LSAT in June. I'm not scoring well on PTs, though.
It's like you're reading from a book of TLS cliches. Be better at this, it's funnier that way.
Sorry; don't follow.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Holy fuck this is a bad idea.

Why are you stuck in this binary? Are you literally shackled to the desk where you work, with only law school deans holding the key? Is someone holding a gun to your head, threatening to shoot you if you apply for one of the myriad other jobs available to you?

If you don't like your job and you don't want to go to law school, then find something else to do. You don't have to go to law school, and you absolutely shouldn't if you don't think you want to be a lawyer (which is what you indicated in your first post). Jesus.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
dabigchina wrote:I would change up your requirements a bit. T14 is way too broad to be considered "elite"

Surely you wouldn't want advice from those peasants at UTTT or GeorgeTTTown.
It should definitely only be -

177+
3.95+
HYS only

I heard those kids are the only ones who are truly capable of editing a PS
Quick, Neal's standards are slipping! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=277429

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Fri May 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
Neal Caffrey wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:

I'm not going to be spending much time on the PS. I know it doesn't matter nearly as much as the LSAT. But it is required for me to complete my application, as I'm sure you know. So I just need to throw one together and get back to PTing for the LSAT.
I don't understand why you need to do this now When you can keep practicing the lsat, take the test in June, get the score in July, not spend much time in July writing it and apply in august/September.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Fri May 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Username is such an obvious flame. Come on son.

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
dabigchina wrote:I would change up your requirements a bit. T14 is way too broad to be considered "elite"

177+
3.95+
HYS only

Quick, Neal's standards are slipping! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=277429
Alright. That was a "whoever finds it first wins" setup. Good job. What's your advice?

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:

177+
3.95+
HYS only

Alright. That was a "whoever finds it first wins" setup. Good job. What's your advice?
1. He/she's not going to respond bc you are a troll, a jerk, and/or both.
2. He/she didn't find it first. I did.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 pm

emkay625 wrote:
Neal Caffrey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:

177+
3.95+
HYS only

1. He/she's not going to respond bc you are a troll, a jerk, and/or both.
2. He/she didn't find it first. I did.
^accurate. Emkay deserves all the praise

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri May 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I have a 3.73 am I good enough for you

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Keilz wrote:I have a 3.73 am I good enough for you
Go for it.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Keilz wrote:I have a 3.73 am I good enough for you

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Neal Caffrey

New

Post by Neal Caffrey » Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Good one! Ttttttook me a litttttttle while tttttto gettttt this!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri May 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Neal Caffrey wrote:Please feel free to join the conversation ONLY if you have:

1. GPA: 3.75 or above,
2. LSAT: 165 or above, and
3. Been accepted to a T14 law school.

I don't really want to go to law school, but I don't know what else to do. How do I pick a PS topic and sound enthusiastic?

Also, please let me know if you want to tear apart my PS. I'd appreciate it.
No one can manufacture interest/enthusiasm for you. Also you don't get to pick and choose feedback based on stupid qualifications when people are volunteering their time to help you. Come back when have figured out a reason other than "I don't know what else to do" and try again.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”