Submitted PS with name of wrong law school within. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Submitted PS with name of wrong law school within.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 am

How screwed am I? Will they reach out to other law schools I applied to over this? I used a generic personal statement for a good amount of the schools I applied to and simply tweaked or replaced the names of the schools within (yes I know that's dumb from reading on here, but what's done is done). :cry:

34iplaw

Gold

Re: Submitted PS with name of wrong law school within.

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:59 am

I don't see why they would reach out to other schools about it. It may be a minor knock against you from the school you sent it to, but I don't think it'd make a huge difference if you are a sort of bread and butter admit.

They'll probably assume you did what you did (not that there's anything wrong with it beyond being careless) or think you uploaded the wrong statement.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:How screwed am I? Will they reach out to other law schools I applied to over this?
No. Why on earth would they do that?

This can only hurt you at the school that received the mistake. And even at that school, there's a decent chance they won't even notice. And even if they notice, there's a good chance they'll admit you anyway if your GPA and LSAT are good enough.

This kind of mistake is made all the time. Don't let it happen again, but stop worrying about it.

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:How screwed am I? Will they reach out to other law schools I applied to over this? I used a generic personal statement for a good amount of the schools I applied to and simply tweaked or replaced the names of the schools within (yes I know that's dumb from reading on here, but what's done is done). :cry:
Email them the correct statement.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”