PS Final Draft Critiques Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
iluvlawschool

New

PS Final Draft Critiques

Post by iluvlawschool » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Deleted
Last edited by iluvlawschool on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: PS Final Draft Critiques

Post by Mr. Archer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:02 pm

This feeling is exasperated when it seems that you are even less in control than others around you.
Do you mean exacerbated?

DrGlennRichie

Bronze

Post by DrGlennRichie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:05 am

This is a very nicely written assay.

Author touched a very sensitive and personal subject - a disability that actually can affect performance at school and work. Immediately I was engaged as a reader and I appreciated the honesty. While the backbone of the assay is a traditional "Overcome the obstacles tale" it strikes as very personal and honest. I learned a lot about the OP. I learned about how he/she exercises self-control. I learned how she/he perceives her/himself. I learned about self-improvement. I learned about "do not ever give up" attitude. Author did a nice job diffusing any doubts about performing as a lawyer or at school, explaining what a syndrome is and that it is not necessarily what we think it is.

At the end of the assay I dont feel that author is not suitable to his/her work as a lawyer. I think the opposite, I trust someone like author, with constantly deployed self control to be in high stress meetings.

Also, language is great and the flow is easy even though sentences are complex and far from 8th grade English.

iluvlawschool

New

Post by iluvlawschool » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Mr. Archer wrote:
This feeling is exasperated when it seems that you are even less in control than others around you.
Do you mean exacerbated?
Yes, thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”