Choosing my Best Personal Statement to Send Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Xnegd

Bronze

Choosing my Best Personal Statement to Send

Post by Xnegd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I've written four Personal Statements, three of which I like (I trashed my first one).

I'm having trouble objectively deciding which one is best to send or maybe just work on further. Please let me know if anyone is interested (or bored enough) in taking a look at the three and telling me which one they think the Admissions Committee would like most, or any feedback about any of my Personal Statements in general.

I'd be more then happy to take a look at yours and do the same. Just send me a PM and we can switch. :-)

1) Is a blunt: "What I will bring to Law School," which I like best; however, I know this is a terrible topic for a PS. The fact that I like this one was my first clue I should ask for another opinion.

2) Is about being a professional Ballet dancer. I don't know if that would make me look diverse or not.

3) Is about be being a Coma survivor, and overcoming the physical and mental issues involved. This was really difficulty to write with a page limit, so I don't know if it was an appropriate topic to try and write about or not.

swilson215

Silver

Re: Choosing my Best Personal Statement to Send

Post by swilson215 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I'd be happy to take a look at them (my boss is golfing tomorrow, haha), but just from your short blurbs I would say that you could probably use your second essay (about being a professional ballerina) most comprehensively.

I say that only because, in addition to making you stand out in an otherwise vanilla crowd, I, being a dancer myself, understand the dedication and commitment it takes to make it in the dance world, and that dedication can easily be translated into your total commitment to studying law.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you want me to take a look!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”