Notre Dame Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
edgarderby

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2011

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:28 pm

This thread is quiet.

bump

Everyone add me on facebook if you haven't already.

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:01 am

Here's another incoming 1L!

It's been set in stone since last year (deferred admission), but I just now discovered TLS so here I am. As we speak, I'm packing for the move from Miami to South Bend. I was hoping to get there the first week of August, but my apartment won't be ready until the 12th, so I hope that gives me enough time to settle in before Day One of the 1L Gauntlet.

I've heard a lot of winter wardrobe tips, since I have a lot of the same concerns. Just about everyone said to wear multiple layers, topped with a sweater/hoodie/regular jacket.

See you all in a few...

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

WALLPAPER!

--ImageRemoved--

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:14 pm

aw I thought I was special! :cry:

:lol:

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:19 pm

longhornem wrote:aw I thought I was special! :cry:

I'll make some special wallpaper for you....

:wink:

Here's a hint:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twolv

New

Post by twolv » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 pm

LOL

or should I say "LAWL"?

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 pm

edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote:aw I thought I was special! :cry:

I'll make some special wallpaper for you....

:wink:

Here's a hint:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:34 pm

twolv wrote:LOL

or should I say "LAWL"?
You are really conservative in your posting, aren't you?

2 posts in 3 months!

twolv

New

Post by twolv » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:03 pm

But who's counting?

Haha...it's just that you guys are already so good at keeping me entertained. That and this horrible storm is keeping me from spending tonight at the bar :?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 pm

twolv wrote:But who's counting?

Haha...it's just that you guys are already so good at keeping me entertained. That and this horrible storm is keeping me from spending tonight at the bar :?
Feel free to stick around! We're a fun bunch.

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Quiet, but fun.

Anyone else moving into Williamsburg on the Lake?

seeyouincourt28

New

Post by seeyouincourt28 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 pm

gioangles wrote:Quiet, but fun.

After dealing with the completely management staff at Main Street Village (which I felt were really the nicest apartments I saw...) I have decided that me and the pup will be moving into Runaway Bay in August.

Really a nice place and the management team is UNBELIEVABLY better than at Main Street.

Anyone else moving into Runaway?

Btw.. the people at Williamsburg were incredibly nice as well

AO

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 pm

seeyouincourt28 wrote:

After dealing with the completely management staff at Main Street Village (which I felt were really the nicest apartments I saw...) I have decided that me and the pup will be moving into Runaway Bay in August.

Really a nice place and the management team is UNBELIEVABLY better than at Main Street.

AO
I'm living there!! Yay!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Main Street Village has great amenities, but I didn't bother visiting them because of the astronomical rent prices. I think that Williamsburg gives me a better bang for my buck. My only gripe with them is that my apartment won't be ready until August 12th, which gives me very little time to settle in before school starts.

Maybe I can get the school to include an extra community service project for Orientation Week. Activities will include Center for the Homeless, Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, United Way of St. Joseph County, or helping Gio unpack. :D

seeyouincourt28

New

Post by seeyouincourt28 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:43 pm

gioangles wrote:Main Street Village has great amenities, but I didn't bother visiting them because of the astronomical rent prices. I think that Williamsburg gives me a better bang for my buck. My only gripe with them is that my apartment won't be ready until August 12th, which gives me very little time to settle in before school starts.

Maybe I can get the school to include an extra community service project for Orientation Week. Activities will include Center for the Homeless, Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, United Way of St. Joseph County, or helping Gio unpack. :D
haha that cracks me up... I should be arriving in early August, so if anyone else will be there by then we need to get together and see what South Bend has to offer before we're all stuck looking at the library walls ;)

Also... does anyone know if we will be placed into a service project activity? or if we are free to choose? I knew of the activities but I am not exactly sure how the process will work. AND... (sorry lots of questions) is this something common with law school orientations? I think it is an excellent idea and am just curious if it is unique to ND?

Thanks!

Also.. sounds like the party is gonna be in Runaway Bay next year! Glad you'll be there Em!

AO

LTF

New

Post by LTF » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:52 pm

seeyouincourt28 wrote:

AO
What was wrong the Main Street's staff? That's where I'm signed up at, and I had no problems -- they were really friendly and helpful. I didn't check out Runaway because I think they have a size limit for pets? My 40 lb. lab wouldn't agree to that :)

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

seeyouincourt28

New

Post by seeyouincourt28 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:01 am

LTF wrote:
seeyouincourt28 wrote:

AO
What was wrong the Main Street's staff? That's where I'm signed up at, and I had no problems -- they were really friendly and helpful. I didn't check out Runaway because I think they have a size limit for pets? My 40 lb. lab wouldn't agree to that :)
Really?? They told me they would have an apartment ready by August 1st back in early June and then informed about a week ago that no such apartment exists. As such I was forced to scramble and Runaway Bay was extremely helpful in this process.....

Also... I will be moving in with my 70lb Boxer that they had no problem accepting.... and LTF I think we might have to introduce our pups for activity while we're studying?

AO

LTF

New

Post by LTF » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 am

seeyouincourt28 wrote:
LTF wrote:
seeyouincourt28 wrote:

AO
Really?? They told me they would have an apartment ready by August 1st back in early June and then informed about a week ago that no such apartment exists. As such I was forced to scramble and Runaway Bay was extremely helpful in this process.....

Also... I will be moving in with my 70lb Boxer that they had no problem accepting.... and LTF I think we might have to introduce our pups for activity while we're studying?

AO
Yeah at first they said August 1st, then said they only had one for July 25th. Puppy play time sounds fun.. as long as your boxer isn't aggressive :D My girl is too sweet.. she always lets other dogs pick on her lol

taz

New

Post by taz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:56 pm

j
Last edited by taz on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gioangles

New

Post by gioangles » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Congrats and welcome to the club, taz! Based on what I've seen, prepare for a massive drop in your cost-of-living expenses.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seeyouincourt28

New

Post by seeyouincourt28 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 pm

LTF wrote:
Yeah at first they said August 1st, then said they only had one for July 25th. Puppy play time sounds fun.. as long as your boxer isn't aggressive :D My girl is too sweet.. she always lets other dogs pick on her lol
HaHa a feel ya... yeah my boy is a big baby... he looks tough but he's a pushover...

kind of embarassing but one of my roommates has this little miniature chihauhau (sp?) (and I DO mean miniature... like less than 8 lbs) and she runs the show...

anyway I'm stoked about getting up there in about 2/3 weeks... all of y'all PM me to exchange digits if you want to meet up for drinks/dinner/whatever before the grind officially starts

AO

LTF

New

Post by LTF » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Aaron, Emily, Eric, Marc(?), and others I may have missed.. any of ya'll down for a ND summer gathering? There could possibly be one in Houston.. might be a fun time to meet some 2Ls and each other.

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 pm

LTF wrote:Aaron, Emily, Eric, Marc(?), and others I may have missed.. any of ya'll down for a ND summer gathering? There could possibly be one in Houston.. might be a fun time to meet some 2Ls and each other.
I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 pm

longhornem wrote:
LTF wrote:Aaron, Emily, Eric, Marc(?), and others I may have missed.. any of ya'll down for a ND summer gathering? There could possibly be one in Houston.. might be a fun time to meet some 2Ls and each other.
I might be up for it depending on when it is (do you know, btw?), especially if several of y'all are going, too.
"several of y'all"

I like how you have to "out Texas" everyone :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”